Books for the TBR Pile... 'Same Book, Different Cover' Edition

Feels like ages since I've done one of these although the last one was only a few weeks ago which does make it the longest I've gone without buying a book for at least this year (and probably a couple of years before that as well...) Well, that streak had to end sometimes ;o) Amongst other things, this weekend saw me dive into a few charity shops, on my travels between A & B, and pick up some books that caught my eye. And it felt good to be back in the hunt :o)

The thing is though, I've got these books already... I know, don't judge me yet though! Let me explain...


Now to be fair, I wasn't sure if I already had a copy of 'Lord of the Spiders' so I grabbed this copy on the off chance that I didn't. That and the fact that the spiders on the cover had bat faces which tickled me a little bit ;o) I really should have checked my blog first...  Oh well ;o) It's a different cover so I'll allow it this time.
Now I know that I have a Fantasy Masterwork copy of 'Tales of the Dying Earth' but I seem to be doing a lot better with slimmer books, at the moment, so I thought it would be worth picking up this edition as a slightly easier route into the series. That and... What the hell is that monster flower thing on the front cover? Guess I'll have to read it and find out... ;o)


I know... I actually bought a copy of this back in March but it wasn't one of the original Fantasy Masterworks editions and I am collecting them so... I grabbed it anyway, of course I did ;o) The hunt will continue but in the meantime, I really ought to read one of the two copies that I own now...

What about you? Did you buy any books this weekend or are you trying to behave yourself before Christmas? Leave a comment and let me know...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.