Books for the TBR Pile... 'Hello Weekend!' Edition

Last week wasn't a bad one but damn there was a lot of it... And if that wasn't bad enough, I did most of it in the wrong shoes... I thought I'd finally found a decent pair of work shoes but it turns out that the gout had one final throw of the dice to make and... I lost :o( Oh well, back to the drawing board (and trainers)

So yeah, that was a week and I've got my fingers crossed for a weekend of sitting about, reading and not a lot else. Having said that though, it was also a week of getting books :o) I mean, every week is a week where I find books but you know what I mean; it was a full on week tempered by the discovery of cool books. Come on, lets take a quick look at what landed on my doorstep this time round.


Because of course I bought me some 'Guy N. Smith', of course I did ;o) I've had my eye open for a cheap copy of 'Death Bell' for ages and when I finally came across one, I couldn't hang about; I had to grab it before someone else had it. And 'Snakes'? Well, just look at that cover which reminds me of the cover for 'Thirst II', I wonder if they take place in the same village...? I love the cover (takes me right back to when I was a kid) but I'm also becoming a bit of a fan of Smith's 'Nature Horror' so I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with snakes. Reviews to come... When you least expect it (probably when I least expect it as well, given how my reading is going...)


This purchase surprised me as I originally bowed out of the series after stumbling through 'Knife of Dreams' and realising that I had lost track of pretty much everything. Watching the TV show though has got me interested again and I thought I'd pick up the first couple of books and see how I went with them. I'm probably going to save these up for a read over Christmas so don't expect to see reviews any time soon.

And that's that for this week. Anything here take your fancy? And what do you think of the 'Wheel of Time' show so far? I'm ok with it actually, definitely in it for the long haul. Leave comments and let me know what you think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.