Shelfie Time... 'The week is done, finally...' Edition

It's been a 'bit of a week' and to be honest, I'll be glad to see the back of it. Good job it's Friday then ;o)  With various bits and pieces going on (mostly around tying up loose ends at work before I leave), my reading hasn't exactly hit a brick wall but it has slowed right down with the usual dose of 'inability to focus' and so on. I'll get it back though, I always do.

In the meantime, and while I'm trying to figure out which pieces of work can be completed/handed over, I thought I'd revisit a series of posts that I haven't touched since March last year. Yep, it's time once again for me to show off a couple of shelves and see if I can come up with some 'interesting facts' about them. It might even remind me to actually read some of these books. Wish me luck... 



Not so much a 'shelfie' then, I lost the final remaining shelf (in the move) so this is more of a... I don't know... It's wooden and it holds books but I'm a little hesitant to call it a bookcase without at least one shelf in it. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Anyway, what we're looking at here is a great example of a set of books; some of which have been read while most of them were picked up (somewhere) with every intention of being read, until something else caught my eye. It's a similar problem for my other shelves but this one feels a little more so somehow ;o) I'm having a little 'tidy-up', in the flat, and now this part of the living room is a little more visible, maybe I'll get to some of these books. Maybe... 

But, you're here for five interesting facts aren't you? Lets see if I can come up with some (3 out of 5 is the 'pass mark')...

1) I have a real soft spot for John Jakes' 'Brak the Barbarian' series, so much so that I will quite happily give a home to a hardback copy of a book that I already have in paperback. This is the reason why my flat is filling up with books. Well, one reason... ;o)

2) Somewhere in these pictures is a book that I started, read the ending and freaked myself out to the point where I've never read the bit in the middle. I really should do something about that.

3) Somewhere else, in these pictures, is a book that I've read to my daughters every Christmas for the last, I've lost count :o) The funny thing is that it isn't a 'Christmas Book' at all, not even a little bit Christmassy. Christmas traditions can be strange sometimes...

4) If you're wondering whether I survived the Zombie Apocalypse, of course I did. It was easy ;o) 

5) And finally, one of these books belongs to my youngest daughter; she really wants me to read it and... I might.

And that's your lot :o) Is there anything here that you'd like me to bump up the TBR pile? Leave a comment and let me know.

Comments

  1. I'm with you in agreeing on being thankful it is Friday. This week has stretched beyond all belief. Just 11hrs to go before it's Friday evening for me. Hope you survive the day ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘Alien Harvest’ – Robert Sheckley (Titan Books)

‘Green and Grey’ & ‘Waiting Death’ (From ‘Soldiers of the Imperium: An Astra Miltarum Omnibus’ – Black Library’)

‘Wolverine : Old Man Logan’ – Millar, McNiven (Marvel)