Another Shelfie...

Because I enjoyed doing the last one and I ate a huge pizza last night and ended up sleeping it off rather than reading or watching anything. Sometimes, you just have to go where the mood takes you and apparently, that was last night's mood :o) Anyway... One shelfie and the challenge of finding five things to say about it, let's go ;o)

First up, the easy one... Today's Shelf Buddies are (from left to right): The Spirit of Roller Disco (sometimes, they just name themselves), a random turtle, Hellboy, Hawkeye, the Hulk, Jason Voorhees, Sadako, Gamora and... A random Lego guy dressed up as a Triceratops.

There are a lot of books here that suddenly, I really want to read. I'm looking at 'The Trench', 'The Storm Lord' and 'A Storm of Wings' in particular. 'The Drive-In 2' as well. Are there any here that catch your eye? 

There is a lot here that I haven't read yet and this is what happens if you give me a little disposable income. Just a little, that's all it takes ;o) Maybe, just maybe, I need to calm down a little and read more of what I already own rather than buying new books? I'll wait until after my Birthday next month ;o)

If I had to recommend a couple that I have read though... 'Tailchaser's Song' (proof that Tad Williams can write short novels that are just as good). 'Deathtroopers' ('Night of the Living Dead' on a Star Destroyer) and 'Cadian Blood' (a regiment of Imperial Guard against a whole planet full of zombies). Okay, that was three recommendations ;o)

And the award for 'Most Awesome Title on the Shelf' goes to Duncan McGeary's 'Star Axe'. Seriously, just say the title out loud and you'll agree with me right away.

That's your lot for this shelfie. Anything here catch your eye? Or do you just think that I need to take everything off the shelves and apply some actual logic to filling them back up again? Leave a comment and let me know.

Comments

  1. You left out the most important piece of information. What kind of pizza was it? Details man, details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Item Number 6 ;o) It was a Dominos Chicken Feast, swapping out the sweetcorn for onion. It was accompanied by some garlic bread and washed down with an ice cold bottle of Coke. Not the most adventurous of choices but just what I was after :o)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Day of Ascension’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.