'The Blob' vs... 'The Blob'!

When I'm trying to puzzle my way through something particularly tricky at work, I like to have a movie playing in the background. You would have thought it would distract me but somehow, it helps me concentrate on what I'm trying to accomplish. The last few months of this have seen me work through the early Romero 'Dead' films as well as the 1990 'Night of the Living Dead' and the 2004 'Dawn of the Dead', both favourites of mine :o) Just recently though, I've moved onto the 1988 version of 'The Blob' and it's been great fun. I won't go into all the reasons here (not when I've already posted about it over Here) but it did get me wondering...

Which is your favourite version of 'The Blob'?

You can guess my favourite but I want to know if you have a preference for the 1958 or 1988 versions. And if you haven't seen either, don't worry, I've got you covered ;o)

Any thoughts? Leave a comment and let me know...

Comments

  1. I have not seen either, so I have no idea. I just read the short story in one of the Alfred Hitchcock collections back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both a lot of fun and highly recommended by me; I definitely have a soft spot for the remake though. I didn't realise there was a short story though, I'll have to go and dig that out...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.