Books for the TBR Pile... 'Already Dreading Monday' Edition

Once I got the Covid out of the way, the last few 'leave days' have been really nice. I haven't really done much at all, just hanging out and having fun with my daughters, but I think that's just what I needed so it's all good ;o) I'm not quite sure what the weekend holds but I'm starting to dread going back to work on Monday so that will play a part I'm sure. How do you guys manage those last few days of holiday and the resulting dread about what's waiting for you in the office?

Anyway... Thursday saw us take a quick trip to Greenwich for hot chocolate (the girls love it) and a quick look in the Oxfam bookshop (I love it). I shouldn't really have bought anything but of course I did. Check it out,


Yes, I've gone and bought another copy of 'The Dragonbone Chair'. To be fair though, the one I bought the other week was for my my daughter; my old copy is looking 'well loved' and when I saw this copy (the same edition) looking all neat and looked after, I knew it was time for another reading copy, A special bonus was waiting for me when I got home and opened the book...


I think I'll be keeping this book unread for a little longer and reading my old copy until it finally falls to pieces ;o) I'm about due a re-read as it happens... (I know I said that last time but I could really do with more comfort reading and 'The Dragonbone Chair' really fits the bill).

As for 'Alien: Invasion', I don't normally jump into a trilogy with the second book but the blurb looks like it could work this time round (and a 'What has gone before' never hurts either). And it's by Tim Lebbon which is always good...

For centuries, Weyland-Yutani has tried to weaponize the aliens. Now someone has beaten them to it, sweeping through Yautja space and turning Predator into Prey...

Faced with the overwhelming force of the Rage, Earth envoys forge an unprecedented alliance with the Predators. Yet even the combined might of two races may not be enough to stop the carnage, as an unstoppable swarm of Xenomorphs topples planet after planet, penetrating ever deeper into the Human Sphere.

I just need to finish 'Wereblood' and this may well be my next read (usual caveats apply...) What about you? What are you reading at the moment? Leave a comment and let me know ;o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.