Almost the whole set but not quite... Karl Edward Wagner's 'Kane.'

This isn't your regular 'book haul' post, more a book haul that has happened over a lot longer period of time than just a week...I'm still a book short of finishing off the collection but I'm unlikely to find a copy of 'The Book of Kane' (not in hardback anyway, I've got the Kindle edition but it doesn't look the same on the shelf does it?) , not unless I go absolutely mad after payday and resolve not to eat for the following month... Of course I'll keep an eye open but deep down, I think my collection will probably stop here and you know what? I'm ok with that. Check these beauties out...




I first came across Karl Edward Wagner's Kane in Norwich market, far too many years ago now, where a copy of 'Dark Crusade' was nestled in amongst a massive pile of old paperbacks. It proved to be easily the best 20p I've ever spent (you can read my review Here) and I read that old copy to death over the next far too many years. It never occurred to me that there would be more. I mean, you know what it's like when you're going through a pile of old paperbacks that you've never heard of. You more or less assume that that's all there is, at least I did.

And then the internet came along (I told you that I discovered 'Kane' far too long ago) and proved me wrong. I grabbed all the books on Kindle, because of course I did, but realised that I had to have them in paperback as well. I mean, look at them... They're gorgeous. And that's when the hunt began.

It swiftly became clear that speculative browsing, in second hand bookshops, wasn't going to do the trick (although you say that...) and so I took to eBay and grabbed what I could, as and when I saw it. I've spent more than a few quid but I think it's worth it. Now all I need to do is reacquaint myself with the reading order and get going?

Has anyone here read 'Kane'?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.