Books for the TBR Pile 'Totally Unexpected' Edition

The plan wasn't to buy books, not at all. The plan was very much to spend Monday doing 'museum stuff' with my two daughters. And we did, but 'book stuff' happened as well. The other reason that you're getting this today is that in a few hours, I'll be turning on my work laptop in abject fear of all the possible things that could have gone wrong in the two days that I was off work. This seemed like a nice easy post to do while I'm worrying about work... ;o)

The books though... I wasn't planning on books but books happened. Check this little lot out...


I can never remember the name of the bookshop but if you come out of South Kensington station and head towards the Natural History Museum, you'll find it. All the books are cheap as well which makes it easier to pick something up while you're there ;o) I have never read 'A Canticle for Leibowitz' and... that was pretty much it. I've never read 'A Canticle for Leibowitz' so I bought it!


Hunting for cool looking vintage fantasy/sci-fi/whatever is always fun but the downside is that sometimes, the book you find is second in a series and you don't have the other two... You don't know how it all began, or how it will all end... That's what happened when I found 'The Hounds of Skaith' back in September last year.I thought that would be it until I found myself in 'Any Amount of Books' and saw these two beauties on the shelf. I still might not get to find out how the series ends (no idea how many books there are in this series...) but I will find out how it begins and what happens immediately afterwards ;o) To be read... Well, I've got books that I really need to read first but these look like they could be fun.


And if that wasn't enough 'book goodness' for one day, I got back home and these two beauties were waiting for me (courtesy of the lovely people at Solaris and Titan Books, in exchange for a fair and honest review) Both Zabe Ellor's 'Silkfire' and J.L. Worrad's 'Pennyblade' are books that have caught my eye recently and I'm really excited to have the chance to get reading them. I just need to finish 'The Justice of Kings' first and then... Which of these two books do you think I should read first...?

And that's that for now, sometimes the 'book hunt' throws up some unexpected finds and you just have to be ready to grab them ;o) Anything here that catches your eye? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.