Books for the TBR Pile: 'Not going to lie, it's mostly Doctor Who' Edition

I don't know where the last week has gone but today is officially the last day of my holiday before heading back to work tomorrow. I say 'heading back to work' like that's still a thing, what I really mean is that my flat will turn into an office again (at least for now), you know what I mean though ;o) I used to spend the last day of holiday stressing about what would be waiting for me back at work but not today :o) I'm working on the assumption that if anything really bad had happened, I'd have found out by now so here's hoping for an easy(ish) day tomorrow. I'll tell you what bugs me though... The last week has just flown by but tomorrow is going to drag... But anyway.

You're not really here to look polite while I bang on about going back to work though (or maybe you are in which case, I appreciate it but you really don't have too...) You're here, of course, to check out the books that made it back to mine over the course of the last week. Well, the title is a bit of a giveaway but it's not all 'Doctor Who', just mostly 'Doctor Who'... If you're me and you see a whole load of 'Doctor Who' books in the British Heart Foundation shop, you buy them all before someone else does ;o) There were a couple of other books though, let me show you...


I told you it wasn't all 'Doctor Who'... I thought I had these books already but I went looking for them, the other day, and couldn't find them at all; I suspect they went missing during one of the many moves that I had to make a few years ago. I had to replace them then so that's exactly what I did and here we are ;o) I'd like to pick these up fairly soon but lets see how I get on with the latest TBR pile first...


I saw these in the charity shop and a little burst of nostalgia, for the old Target novelisations, made me grab the whole lot and take them home with me. I'm also interested to see how these new stories translate into books. The old stories had up to six episodes worth of material to write about but 'The Christmas Invasion' and 'Twice Upon A Time' were what, an hour(ish) each? It will be interesting to see how the books deal with that. 'The Library of Time' is a 'sampler', of other novels, so I won't be reviewing it here (or at all, to be honest, it just seemed like a shame to leave it in the shop...) The other two books though, I'll see if I can squeeze them in somewhere.


I somehow managed to miss that whole period, in the nineties, where a whole load of new 'Doctor Who' adventures were published (don't ask...) but I'm here now and ready to take advantage of whatever is on the shelf in my local charity shop(s). This time round, it's 'Damaged Goods', a book that I'd like to get to soon(ish), once I've knocked a couple more books off the August TBR Pile. We'll see how that goes...

And that's that for this week, not a bad book haul if I do say so myself ;o) Anything there that catches your eye?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.