Books for the TBR Pile... 'Yep, Payday Happened...' Edition

One day, there will be a payday where I don't go absolutely crazy, spending money on books, and have plenty of money for the rest of the month. Maybe, one day... Not this month though, I went absolutely crazy spending money on books ;o) I really need to make more of an inroad into the piles of books in my flat. Again, maybe... one day.

I don't know if you're the same but all this book buying is almost like a little reward for getting through the month and dealing with all the muck and trouble that seems to have leaked over from 2020, Do you do that or are you a little more honest with yourself and don't even bother with the weak excuses...? ;o) This time of the month isn't about the Hunt for me, more about treating myself to books, that I want, because I can. The rest of the month can be about the Hunt. If there's time that is, work is ramping up as we speak... That's another, slightly more depressing, story though. Let's take a look at the books that I've been going a little crazy on over the last few days...


I was half and half over the concluding volume of 'The Thirteenth Floor', I didn't even know that Max continued his adventures, in the 'Eagle' comic, so there wasn't that connection that there was with the first volume. Then I saw the price coming down a little bit each day and I was after a little treat for myself so I thought 'the hell with it' and clicked 'buy'. I reckon you'll see a review fairly soon as a little breather while I tackle thicker books.
I'm also in two minds about what Marvel are doing with 'Conan' but even so, new 'Conan' tales are always welcome so Marvel get another chance (I suspect they will continue to get more chances in the future). I'd imagine that you'll see a review in the next couple of weeks.


I still can't believe it, I actually won some Guy N. Smith books on eBay! That doesn't normally happen at all so I'm still pretty damn pleased with myself. I've got a couple more Guy N. Smith books that I want to get to first but these are definitely going to be read and reviewed over the next month, or the month after that.


These two books aren't treats, I just wanted them ;o) Any new Brian Keene book is a 'must buy' and I'm bumping 'With Teeth' up the TBR pile accordingly. I've posted the blurb on the blog already and it's over Here if you fancy another look. Review to come as soon as I've finished the book (you knew I wouldn't hang around too long before I got started).
'Half a King' is a book that I've read before but not for a long time; a missing copy, and a need to read an Abercrombie book that isn't too long, led me in the direction of this copy (which was only £2.69 on Amazon the last time I looked, I'd have some of that if I were you).

And that's it for this week, do any of these books take your fantasy? And which one would you pick up first? Leave a comment and let a chap know? ;o)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.