What I'm Going To Try And Read This Month...

So long March 2021, I will remember you mostly as that time when I was struggling with project documentation and feeling that I wasn't really getting anywhere with it. There were good bits to March, don't get me wrong, but that's the main feeling I'm taking away from last month. I got through it though and so did you, nice work.  there ;o)

I also got some reading done and managed to read ten books last month, go me! Here comes the inevitable 'but' though... Remember the beginning of March where I was all 'I'm going to read all these books'? You know what's coming... Out of the ten books that I actually read, only one of them was from that initial TBR pile. Good intentions and all that ;o) To be fair though, the one book I did read was 'The Living Dead' and that felt like a big deal as at six hundred and fifty(ish) pages, it was a much bigger book than I'm used to at the moment. Just the act of reading a book that size felt like a real achievement (I used to be able to polish similar sized books and not even think about it, depression and anxiety kind of killed that though) so if that's all I'm taking out of last month, as far as the TBR pile goes, I'm happy with that.

I like to invite your disbelieving laughs so of course I'm doing another TBR Pile for April, it was always going to happen. It's going to be slightly different this month though... Instead of the books that I think I ought to be reading, I'm treating myself to a TBR pile full of books that I know I'll enjoy. What is the point of reading otherwise? Okay, there's lot of points but right here, I'm all about having some fun and enjoying my reading. I don't know how much I'll get through (the girls are on their Easter Holiday now so I'm taking next week off to eat chocolate with them).but lets just see how it goes. Here's the TBR pile for April (immediate disclaimer: I got really excited and grabbed loads, there is no way I'll finish them all)...


I'm giving myself a little head start here... I'm well into 'Wolfsbane' and ticking along with 'The Sailor on the Seas of Fate'. What? ;o) Those two books to one side, this is the pile of quick, fun reads (all of them are, I'm really excited about tackling this pile) and I'm feeling pretty confident about what I'll finish from this pile.


Now here's the pile of good intentions... Pratchett and Cornwell make a return but only because I want to read more Pratchett (it's been years, it really has) and I'm pretty sure that Uhtred is about to screw up royally in 'The Pale Horseman', I want to see how he handles it. One of these two books will be read this month...
'Infernal' was lurking under the bed and I need to read more books from under the bed (while there aren't too many), sometimes it really is as simple as that. 'Northern Wrath' is this months 'Living Dead', a big thick book that I should have read ages ago and want to read it now (okay, there was one book that I felt I ought to read).

And that is the TBR pile for this month. Expect other books to feature as well, as my changing mood dictates ;o) I'll see you back here, in a month, and we'll see how I did... 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Mad God' (2021)

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.