Books in the Post 'Moorcock on a Budget' and 'Year End Review Nerves' Edition...

I've got my year end review in the morning and I can't sleep right now. Rationally, I know that I've done the best I can this year, there'll be some room for improvement but it won't be a bad review all in all. Irrationally though... Lets just say that the anxious part of my brain is building up a list of all the things that went wrong this year along with a whole other list of things that I couldn't possibly have done but will be mentioned over the course of my review. Welcome to the inside of my head people, it's dark in here...
It will be over by lunchtime so this afternoon will feel a lot better. Lets see how it goes...

It's a good job then I've had a few more books come through the post yesterday. Like I've said before, it's almost like past Graeme knows that present Graeme is going to face a few difficulties so he sends a little help package from the past... :o)
I'm slowly rebuilding my Michael Moorcock collection at the moment; it's not going to look as pretty as it used to but right now, it's the words on the page that are the main thing, not the covers. Ok, I'm looking out for cool covers as well but it's mostly about the words on the page. Kind of ;o)
I'm waiting on a few more to arrive and then it's back to the long wait for the next payday. In the meantime, here's what came through the door yesterday...


After finding the first two 'Corum' books in Oxfam, the other day, I knew that I'd have to buy the third one so that I'd have the set (even though I already have the collected edition). So I did, of course I did. And it came in it's own little plastic bag as well, little things please me...
I sense a 'Corum' re-read happening at some vaguely defined point in the future. I've always got on with Corum better than I do with Elric (not sure why but that's the way it is) so I'm confident that this will actually happen ;o)

The two 'Eternal Champion' books... I found a copy of 'The Dragon in the Sword' months ago now but have never read it because I really thought I should re-read the first two books first. These Titan editions were cheap so I got them (sometimes, that's the way the hunt goes) and I'll probably end up getting 'The Dragon in the Sword' in this edition as well; it's a little bit odd but I have to have all same editions if I can help it. The words will be the same whatever but they all look so nice on the bookshelves... 

I'm not going to lie, there will probably be one more 'Moorcock Books' post when the others show up, then I'll leave it for a bit (or until I go book shopping on holiday in a few weeks time). That's it for now though, I'm going to try and get some sleep so I can be in decent shape for the big review tomorrow. Wish me luck?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.