Books for the TBR Pile - 'Michael Moorcock' Edition

This post is a little later than normal but that's what you get when I'm a lazy bum in the morning and then spend a chunk of the afternoon drinking Southern Comfort & Coke while trying to figure out what to do with my life. In case you're wondering, I drank loads but didn't come to any conclusions so lets take a look at the books I've bought these last few days instead...

Payday was yesterday and I've resolved not to go completely mad on books like I have done these last couple of months. I did buy a few though (because of course I did...) and this time round, it's been about buying replacements for the Michael Moorcock books that I used to have but had to get rid of for one reason or another. I don't think I'll ever see another copy of 'The Jade Man's Eyes' (the really old one printed in green ink) but I've found these instead so can't complain really. The 'Book Hunting' has been good...


I'm not going to lie, I've already got these two books (as part of the 'Prince in the Scarlet Robe' collection) but I saw these two books, in Greenwich Oxfam, and someone clearly took good care of them, they look practically brand new, so I had to get them. I also thought I had a copy of 'The King of the Swords' at home, so I'd have all three if I got these, but it turns out that my brain was having a laugh at my expense. Oh well, gives me another reason to hunt round charity shops :o)


'The Coming of the Terraphiles' replaces an older copy that should never have gone out in the book purges but ended up going out in the book purges. It happens, and it seems to happen a little too often to me, but I'll make sure I'll keep this copy for a bit longer. I haven't read 'The Coming of the Terraphiles' for a few years so it will be interesting to see how it holds up now.
I've never read 'Fabulous Harbours' and now I'll be able to, thanks to some idle poring through Amazon. That's all I have to say about that one really, other than that it's chock full of short stories which seems be all I can focus on at the moment. A book that came at the right time then...


Apologies are in order for my 'shaky handed photo'. Yeah, sorry about that one...

So these two books replace the Millennium editions that I used to have and, to be honest, looked a lot nicer. Oh well, that will teach me to be a bit more careful when I'm getting rid of books in the future. I remember enjoying 'The Black Corridor' when I last read it so am looking forward to giving that a go. 'The History of the Runestaff' could end up being a holiday read next month, we'll see.

Any of these take your fancy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.