Books for the TBR Pile... 'Really Low Tolerance to Weed' Edition

I've smoked a bit of weed, in my time, but not for a long time and for very good reason. You see, my tolerance, for the stuff, is very much 'no tolerance at all' and I inevitably end up falling asleep in all sorts of weird places. It's not cool :o)

Now I'm in my fifties, it has got worse (if you can believe it)... One of my neighbour's was smoking, yesterday, and just the smell was enough to send me to sleep and then wake up in the mood for a burger. So, off I went to Greenwich for a McDonald's and while I was there, did a little book browsing at the same time. Of course I did ;o) The pickings were slim but some determined foraging turned up the following...


I told you it was 'slim pickings' but hopefully, it's a case of quality over quantity ;o)

I had never heard of 'Zombies and Power Tools' but with a title like that, I was never going to pass up the opportunity of a read. You wouldn't either ;o) My 'poor old' eyes struggled with making out the blurb so I can't include it here. I've got a couple of books on the go but quite fancy picking 'Zombies and Power Tools' up soon(ish) so I'll let you know what it's about, apart from the obvious, when I've read it.

And there were a couple of 'Doctor Who' books, at the market, that I didn't have so... I do now :o) I haven't read 'The Invasion of Time' since far too long ago so that will be interesting to revisit. I did watch 'State of Decay', a few years ago, and am hoping that the book captures just how good the TV serial was.

And, that's your lot :o) If, by any chance, you've read 'Zombies and Power Tools', leave a comment and let me know what you thought of it...

Comments

  1. I'm glad it wasn't you taking weed. I would have had to stop following you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got enough going on these days without adding to it so... You don't need to unfollow me :o)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘Alien Harvest’ – Robert Sheckley (Titan Books)

‘Green and Grey’ & ‘Waiting Death’ (From ‘Soldiers of the Imperium: An Astra Miltarum Omnibus’ – Black Library’)

‘Wolverine : Old Man Logan’ – Millar, McNiven (Marvel)