Books for the TBR Pile... 'Post Birthday' Edition

Yep, I'm one year older (again) and despite the various bits and pieces going on right now, I can confirm that my 'fifties' are still much better than my 'forties' were. Trust me, if you're hovering at forty-nine and feeling a little nervous... you've got nothing to worry about ;o)

Anyway... For the sake of a little alliteration, yesterdays Birthday was all about the 'Four Bs'; bacon, burgers, bonbons and books (I mean, plenty of other stuff happened as well, and it was awesome, but, you know...) I ate the burgers & bacon and I'm working my way through the bonbons but, that's not what you're here for; lets take a look at the books...


I've heard a lot of good things about 'There Is No Antimemetics Division' and going by the first couple of chapters, I'm even more certain that I'm in for a good read. I've officially bumped this book up to the top of the TBR pile so am hoping to have something a little more detailed for you soon ;o) Maybe early next week? We'll see...

Robert McCammon stories are a little difficult to come by, over here, so when I saw that the 'Post Mortem' collection had McCammon's 'Haunted World' lurking at the back, I figured I'd take a chance on the book as a whole. One to dip in and out of, as and when... 

And we all know by now that I have a weakness for horror anthologies so 'Come Sing for the Harrowing' stood out on the shelf at Waterstones. That was all it took :o) 'Come Sing for the Harrowing' won't dislodge 'There Is No Antimemetics Division', in the reading order, but I'm looking forward to checking it out.

'Saga Vol.4' needs no introduction, to this TBR Pile, and after some 'back and forth', I figured I'd give 'Invincible Vol.2' a go too. I can see myself picking these two books up if/when things get too technical in 'There Is No Antimemetics Division'.

And that's your lot, for now ;o) Anything here catch your eye? Let me know... 

Comments

  1. Happy birthday! Good to know the 50's are better for you. I'm on the cusp myself and have to admit, nervous is a good word.
    What kind of burger did you get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And honestly, turning 50 is easy ;o)
      They called it an 'American Cheeseburger' so, just a regular British burger with a slice of American cheese, and a pickle, on top. It was tasty though and that's the main thing.

      Delete
  2. I hope you had a very Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim! :o) I definitely had a good one.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘Alien Harvest’ – Robert Sheckley (Titan Books)

‘Green and Grey’ & ‘Waiting Death’ (From ‘Soldiers of the Imperium: An Astra Miltarum Omnibus’ – Black Library’)

‘Wolverine : Old Man Logan’ – Millar, McNiven (Marvel)