Movie Night! 'WTF' Edition...

I was having a little Youtube break, the other day, and came across a video called '10 WTF Ideas Turned Into Movies'.  I'm always up for a little 'whatthefuckery' so gave it a watch and suddenly, this post was born :o) You see, one of the films appealed to my absolute immaturity whilst another film made me think, 'they couldn't make a whole film out of that, could they...?' Well, they did and yes, I sniggered a lot at the other one. No clues, see if you can guess which one was which...

'Bad Milo!' (2013)

Stressed executive Duncan discovers that his unusual stomach pains are caused by a demon living in his intestine. A demon that will emerge to kill whatever is stressing Duncan, and there are a lot of things that stress Duncan...

As soon as I realised that 'Bad Milo!' was a thing, I had to watch it and I'm really glad I did. I will take my laughs wherever I find them and however they come. 'Bad Milo!' is exactly the kind of film you'd expect about a demon that crawls out of a mans butt to dispense its own form of justice, and then crawls back up again once it's done. There is a lot of toilet humour and gore (of course) but there are also some surprisingly touching moments about learning to live with yourself and learning to forgive others too. Given the prevailing subject matter, you wouldn't think that this would all work together but it does and so you have this movie that's gross and sweet, all at the same time. I guess it all depends on where you stand with toilet jokes, if that's your thing (and it is mine) then 'Bad Milo!' is well worth a look.


 'Dead Sushi' (2012)

Yes, that is a woman being attacked by flying sushi.

And yes, I know. This is the paragraph where I summarize (and by that, I mean 'copy and paste') the plot but I'll be honest, I don't think there is a plot here; just an hour and a half our heroine trying to save her place of employment from mutant sushi and the living dead that it spawns. And, erm... that's it :o)

Don't worry though, the complete lack of plot doesn't count against the film at all, not when there are so many other things going on. Take all the fighting out and you still have the reproductive habits of sushi, acid spitting egg sushi, a guy with a fish head and oddest of all (even odder than the fish headed man), a flying battleship made out of sushi. The weirdest 'final boss' you'll ever see. It shouldn't work, it really shouldn't, but it comes at you so quickly that you don't have a lot of choice other than to just go with it.  That's what I did anyway and it worked for me :o)

Would I watch it again? Yes but I'd probably have a few drinks before and during, just to see what that does for the viewing experience ;o) It was fun and now I can say that I've seen a film about flying sushi, a win all round.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Day of Ascension’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.

‘Deathworlder’ – Victoria Hayward (Black Library)