Books for the TBR Pile... 'Shouldn't have... but did...' Edition

For all my plans of actually reading some of the books I actually own, before buying even more... Well, I had some birthday money and I got paid right in the middle of a challenging week so yep, I folded and bought some more books. I wasn't even dignified about it ;o)

Add 'The Blacktongue Thief' to the mix and a solid weekend's worth of reading awaits ;o) Let me show you what has come through the door over the last couple of days... (Sorry about the quality of the photos this time round, I seem to be getting worse at holding a camera steady)

Turns out that all I need to hear are the words 'Die Hard in a castle' and I will pick up the book in question which, this time, is Cameron Johnston's 'The Last Shield'. This will be my next 'big read' after 'The Blacktongue Thief'. 'The Dungeon on Blood Island' is me indulging my inner child (who is thoroughly spoilt anyway but...) with a little Fighting Fantasy :o) I've got an hour or two earmarked for this today... And 'Thornhedge' is a book that caught my eye in Waterstones, the other day, but never made it to the cash register. It's only a hundred and twenty (ish) pages long so I might get to it this weekend as well. We'll see...

I've been looking forward to reading this and it's still 'Cimmerian September' so... My weekend reading is officially booked solid :o)

I hadn't planned on picking this up but watching 'Rings of Power' has got me interested in Numenor so I thought I'd go straight to the source (as it were) and read up on it. I know... I could have read it in 'The Silmarillion' but that book and I do not get on, at least we didn't the last time I picked it up. 'The Fall of Numenor' looks like it might be a little more accessible to the likes of me ;o)

And that's your lot :o) What are your reading plans for the weekend?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Day of Ascension’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.