What I'm Reading & What I Want To Read...

Because my mental health is still fragile and everything feels like it's looming over me, ready to collapse and bury me :o( What does a Graeme do in this situation? Well, loads of things that have nothing to do with this blog but that's not what I want to talk about today ;o) No... What any Graeme does in this situation is simple... I spent an hour going through my shelves and picking out all the books that I really want to read but somehow always manage to get distracted from, Because one of my favourite things is building a TBR pile and getting all excited about what's in it. Everything else can wait until the morning ;o)

Now this may well be the most ambitious TBR pile I've ever made but the plan is simple, just read whatever I can before the year runs out of days. It doesn't matter if I don't get through, in fact I highly doubt I will. My head will more than likely be turned by other books that are nowhere near this pile. I just want to read some good books that I know I'll enjoy. With that said then, lets take a look shall we? We'll start off with what I'm currently reading...

Both are very good books and well worth your time if your thing is Horror ('The Ravening') or Fantasy ('The Wind That Sweeps The Stars'). Or both, you don't have to like just one or the other ;o) That's all I'll say here as I'm hoping to have a review up for 'The Ravening' this week. 'The Wind That Sweeps The Stars' should follow shortly after.

The one that I really want to finish here is 'Into the Narrowdark', a book that has been giving me reproachful looks for far too long. 'The Hunger of the Gods' is getting restless as well. And 'The Weirdstone of Brisingamen'? I loved this book as a kid so thought I'd see how it holds up.

Once I read 'The Silverblood Promise', this 'sub-pile' will be a lot more manageable ;o) A nice mixture of 'Fairly Recent Purchase' ('The Silverblood Promise') and, erm... everything else ;o)

And we're not just about the big, thick books here; we're also about the smaller, slimmer works that can make for a nice change when you're at risk of getting bogged down in an epic fantasy. I've never read 'The Survivor' but 'Elfsorrow' is actually more likely to be read; it was  birthday present last year and I really want to read it before my next birthday turns up (almost three weeks to go, yes I'm counting).

And that's it ;o) Anything here that catches your eye? Let a chap know in the comments...

Comments

  1. I see you have Deadhouse Landing by Esslemont. Have you read the Malazan cycle by Erikson and the Malazan Empire novels by Esslemont?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep coming unstuck at 'Dust of Dreams' for Erikson and while I've got loads of good intentions, the Malazan Empire novels haven't really happened either. The plan is still to read them though ;o)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Day of Ascension’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.