Shelfie Time! 'Blatant Filler...' Edition

I had a great day, yesterday, with my girls, a spot of book shopping with a break in the middle where we ate a fair chunk of McDonalds. Days don't come an awful lot better than that ;o) The only thing that didn't happen was any reading so... While I try and remedy that today (doubtful but we'll see...), I thought I'd show off another shelf of mine and see if I can come up with five interesting things to say about it. Or even just five things to be honest ;o) Anyway, here goes...

First up, the easy one... ;o) Today's 'Shelfie' is brought to you by Zombie Captain America, the fourth Doctor, Godzilla, Stripe, Gizmo, 'Generic Lego Detective' and a lady body builder.

One of these books was bought specifically for my girls (I'm not a big fan myself but they loved it). It shouldn't be too hard to guess which one it is ;o) Actually, I should probably find a new home for it; I can't see my girls picking it up now.

I love all my bookshelves but this one is a favourite of mine. All of my bookshelves have a little bit of me in them but this one feels like it has more than most. If you want to know the kind of reader I am... I mean, yeah, read the blog but this shelf sums me up pretty well I think.

Two 'I really should read those'... I have read 'The Hellbound Heart' but that was many years ago so it's probably due a re-read. Maybe I should find my copy of 'The Scarlet Gospels' and read them both together? And 'The Green Brain', here's a book that I'd forgotten I had until I took this picture. Onto the TBR pile it goes ;o) And is that 'A Dynasty of Monsters' hiding up a corner? Okay, three books that I really should read.

And that's the lesson this shelf has reminded me. I've read a number of these books (more than on other shelves) but there are still too many here that I've picked up in a shop, brought home and then left on a shelf while I gone out and bought more books. This would normally be the point where I make a rash promise about finishing more of these books but... I bought the new Greg Keyes book yesterday and when you factor in the Doctor Who books that I bought the other day... I'm in no fit state to be promising anything! I'm just going to keep taking it one book at a time ;o)

Comments

  1. Oh, don't be in any rush to read the Green Brain. It was NOT one of Herbert's best endeavors :-(

    What did you get at McD's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Damn... I thought I was onto a winner, picking something that wasn't as bloated as the Dune series. Oh well ;o) I will give it a shot but I don't think I'm in such a hurry now.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, forgot to say... After much discussion about the mythical 'Triple Big Mac', the girls settled on a Big Mac meal each. I had some garlic cheese dippers and I can't remember the name of the meal but it was basically a chicken burger with barbecue sauce :o)

      Delete
    3. It's not as bad as Hellstrom's Hive, but it's not quite as taut as The White Plague. If that helps any.
      I like Chick-fill-a when it comes to chicken burgers :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Day of Ascension’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.