Movie Night! 'Thanksgiving, Demon Shark and Spiders' Edition...

Not all in the same movie, that would have been... Fairly awesome actually but nope, all separate movies this time round. As you probably guessed yesterday, if you stopped by and saw no new post, I was all about finishing my latest Guy N. Smith read and catching up on a few movies that I'd been meaning to watch (payday makes all things possible). I'll tell you all about 'The Pluto Pact' in the next couple of days. For now, some quick thoughts on what I've been watching.

'Thanksgiving' (2023)

After a Black Friday riot ends in tragedy, a mysterious Thanksgiving inspired killer terrorizes Plymouth, Massachusetts - the birthplace of the infamous holiday.

I've seen a few Eli Roth movies... Okay, 'Cabin Fever' and a couple of the 'Hostel' movies. Having said that then, I thought this was going to be more of a bloodbath than it actually turned out to be. I mean, there were a couple of moments but in terms of the gore, it was a little tame. It was a good job then that the plot made up for it, set up so that any one of about four people could have been the killer and it didn't give the game away too soon. Not a bad film to open the proceedings.


'The Black Demon' (2023)

Stranded on a crumbling oil rig in Baja, a family face off against a vengeful supernatural megalodon shark.

I've meaning to watch 'The Black Demon' for a while so when I saw that it was only £1.99 on Prime Video, I was all over it. Now? I'm pretty much just over it.

I love the concept (okay, I just love 'giant shark movies') but 'The Black Demon' spent a little too much time trying to be everything and not enough time trying to be good at any one of those things; at least from where I was sat. The end result was okay but I'll be hard pressed to remember much about this movie in the future.

'Sting' (2024)

After her neighbours pets start to turn up dead, followed by her neighbours, 12 year old Charlotte must face up to the fact that the sweet little spider she found has grown into something deadly; the fate of her family hangs in the balance.

Now this was much more like it :o) Properly scary, I was yelling at the TV and there were some real icky moments where I couldn't help but 'half look away, half watch' all at the same time. Nice work with the characters as well, I couldn't help but root for them when things started to get really tense. I'll be watching it again.

'Infested' (2024)

Residents of a rundown French apartment building battle against an army of deadly, and rapidly reproducing, spiders.

Bloody hell, and I thought 'Sting' was scary... 'Infested' turns the dial up to 11 and is just this relentless 'spider attack' on your senses. It just doesn't stop, not for a minute, and the cast handle that burden superbly. If you like a bit of 'spider horror' then you need to stick 'Infested' right at the top of your movies to watch. No worries, you're welcome ;o)

And that's your lot, at least until I catch up on a few other movies that I need to watch. What have you been watching recently?

Comments

  1. Oh, that single image from Infested is more than enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think that's bad... You should see it when they move!

      Delete
  2. Scary stuff! I just watched Ip Man starring Donnie Yen. The story was a little too melodramatic at times, but the fight scenes were outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looked it up and I might (might) give it a shot. It's not my normal fare but I do love a good fight scene :o)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Day of Ascension’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.