Books for the TBR Pile... 'Lucky Finds' Edition.

You wouldn't believe it to look at my shelves but I'm really trying to buy less books. at the moment, and try and read books that I already own instead. Well, that's the plan anyway... I popped into Lewisham yesterday, to pick up some hay for the rabbit, and honestly, buying books was not on the agenda. Well, I say that... I thought I'd have a quick look in the British Heart Foundation shop and...


I try not to live by too many rules, my brain doesn't have the bandwidth at the moment, but one rule I will work with it is not to leave 'Doctor Who' books on the charity shop shelf if you see them. Well, not if I don't already have them, I didn't in this case so made sure these two ended up with me. They're both quick reads and I don't have a lot of time for reading this week so... Could we end up seeing posts fairly soon? I reckon we might ;o)


This one was more of a 'chance it and see what happens' purchase. I don't think you can go wrong with Mike Mignola but I'd never even heard of 'Mr. Higgins comes home', let along read it. We'll see how it turns out. In the meantime, have some blurb...

Preparations begin at Castle Golga for the annual festival of the undead, as a pair of fearless vampire killers question a man hidden away in a monastery on the Baltic Sea. The mysterious Mr. Higgins wants nothing more than to avoid the scene of his wife's death, and the truth about what happened to him in that castle. However, these heroic men sworn to rid the world of the vampire scourge, inspire Higgins to venture out and to end the only suffering he really cares about - his own.

Don't hold me to it but 'Mr. Higgins' is another quick read so it might also feature this week. Again, lets see what happens.

Another short post then but a sweet little reminder of what you can find if you're prepared to root around in less familiar places. Anything here take your fancy? Leave a comment and let me know ;o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Day of Ascension’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.