Books for the TBR Pile... 'Slim Pickings' Edition

The last couple of weeks haven't been great at all and in times like these, you can rely on me to go straight out and buy books to cheer myself (payday permitting of course). And with the week that I've been having, I wasn't even necessarily going to read them... We've all be there, haven't we? Well, that's where I was the other day when I got off the bus, and popped into a couple of charity shops on the way home. And...

It was like everyone in Lewisham had gone into the charity shops before me and stripped them of anything that I might be interested in reading. That's the way it goes sometimes and it just made me all the more determined to find a book to buy. I told you, I really wanted to buy a book ;o)

It took some searching but in the end. the Lewisham Red Cross shop turned out these two books...


I used to have all the 'First Law' books but they ended up being the victims of an unfortunate book purge. It's been a long time since I read anything by Joe Abercrombie and 'The Blade Itself' is still probably the best place to start. I might not get to it for a while though but that's ok, I really wasn't buying these books to read straight away ;o)

What am I reading in the meantime? Well, I'm glad you asked ;o) I've got David Guymer's 'Kinslayer' on the go (a long overdue read) and I'm also getting further into Chaz Lebel's 'Litany of the Destroyer' which I'll say now is worth a look. Hoping to review one of these this week, we'll see... What are you reading? Is it any good? Either way, leave a comment and let me know.

Comments

  1. Abercrombie. You like that guy eh? I wish you well :-)

    I'm currently reading Sourcery, a discworld book by Terry Pratchett. First one so far where I'm not highly amused :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed his books when I last read them, years and years ago now. I'll be honest, I'm not sure how they're going to go this time. I'll have to read and find out ;o)
      I hope Sourcery picks up for you. I'll be getting to that after I (finally) re-read 'Mort'

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Day of Ascension’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.