Books for the TBR Pile... 'Slight Eighties Nostalgia' Edition

You'll see why in a minute, further down this post, lets talk about the books first. 

Honestly, the plan was to really work to get through more of the books already in the house but... The last couple of weeks have been pretty tough and then payday happened so... Here we are :o) Let me show you what has arrived in the last couple of days (ok, yesterday).

I'd seen Ronald Malfi pop up on Twitter and thought to myself that I'd never read of his stuff. One browse through Amazon later and 'They Lurk' looked like the best place to start. The plan is to dip into this 'as and when', and post about each novella as I read them. And they all look pretty intriguing so you'll see them here sooner rather than later.

And 'Gods of the Wyrdwood' is a book that I've been interested in, for a long time, but couldn't spring for the hardback. The timely publication of the paperback solved that one and my crappy photo doesn't do justice to just how lovely the cover is. I don't know when I'll get to this, soon hopefully.

'Malus Darkblade' was a surprise find in the British Heart Foundation shop so I had to jump on that one straight away. I've got a few Warhammer books that I'd like to read first so don't expect to see a post anytime soon.

'The End Times' though... That's a different matter. There are a few gaps in my 'End Times' reading (and picking up the old editions second hand is far beyond my present capability. When I saw this new edition (I think) of 'The End Times', at a more reasonable price as well, I didn't hang about. The current plan is to treat this one in the same way as 'They Lurk' so posts could be arriving soon (fingers crossed).

And I promised you some eighties nostalgia didn't I... Check these out.

If you're a certain age then I can almost guarantee that this picture has earwormed you with the theme tune. I hate the eighties as a rule but 'Robin of Sherwood' is one of the few exceptions. A great slice of fantasy that everyone was into. Did you guys watch it? This little lot was bundled together for £3 in the Lewisham Scope shop, I couldn't say no. It's not quite the full set but I've got all of Seasons 1 & 2 to watch before I have to worry about finding the missing DVD. I'll let you know how it goes.

And that's your lot for this week, have a great rest of the weekend ;o)

Comments

  1. Awwwwww, why do you hate the 80's?
    Star Wars
    Indiana Jones
    Terminator
    Aliens

    The franchise list of great stuff goes on and on :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong, I love all of that :o) I was just an easy target for bullies at school (from 1981 to about 1992, the rest of the nineties weren't bad though)

      Delete
    2. Ahhh, school. That'd do it in a heart beat :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.