One for the Summer...? 'The Wind that Sweeps the Stars' - Greg Keyes (Titan Books)

I'll be honest, I don't normally plan ahead with my reading, other than a vague TBR pile of books that 'I really should read one of these days'. Nope, I'm more of a 'read whatever catches my eye' type of person. Every now and then though, a book will pop up and become 'a book that I need to read when it's released into the wilds'. A book like this one,


ALONE AGAINST AN EMPIRE.

When Yash of Zeltah arrives in the fortress city of Honaq she is greeted as a barbarian, a simple pawn. Her marriage to prince Chej has been arranged, they say, to avert war. Yet she knows the truth, for the armies already ravage the land. A skilled and deadly assassin, there is more to Yash than any might suspect. Before another day can pass, she must defeat the masters of the nine towers―the plagues, magics, and monsters they control, the soldiers they command. Without raising an alarm, she must kill all who oppose her―even the immortal emperor. The lives and souls of Zeltah, the people and the land upon which they live, all depend on it.


I didn't get on with Keyes' 'Elder Scrolls' books but I absolutely adore his 'Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone' series, and 'The Basilisk Throne' is also looking good so far, so when I saw this book on Amazon I added it to the ol' wishlist right away.


One thing though... Amazon is showing this as Book 2 but I can't find any mention of a Book 1 which is odd but, I've got time to figure this one out before 'The Wind that Sweeps the Stars' comes out in August. Can anyone here throw a little light on that...?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.