Books For The TBR Pile... 'This Shouldn't Be A Post' Edition.

So I'm going to be moving house, in the next few weeks, and predictably, it's been an absolute nightmare trying to cull my book collection before it all gets boxed up. I actually felt all pleased with myself because I managed to get rid of about five yesterday evening... Yep, I know ;o)

With that in mind then, you would have thought that the sensible thing for me to do would be to lay off buying even more books in the meantime. You would have thought, wouldn't you...? Well, it's me and this week has been a little bit shit so you can guess what happened next... I only went and ordered a couple of books that I really wanted to re-read but then... I went out to Halcyon Books, yesterday lunchtime, with the idea of treating myself to a book and a coffee; I came home with five books having drunk no coffee at all. Packing, for the move, just got a tiny bit more complicated ;o) Enough of that though, lets have a look at what I've gone and bought...

I've been enjoying my Gemmell reading and 'The Grim Company' is along a similar line, just a bit more... grim (sorry). And my daughter is full of 'The Girl with all the Gifts' right now so I thought I'd take a little trip back to where it my Mike Carey reading began, for me, with 'The Devil You Know'. Let me get the move out of the way first and then I'll try and get both read before Christmas.


And here's the first lot of books from Halcyon Books... Some more Gemmell, another 'Doctor Who' book, for my growing collection, and a story about a barbarian and his pet rhino :o) Guess which one I'll be starting later today... 


And finally... I've been meaning to read more of Joe R. Lansdale's work so these two books came along at just the right time. I'm not sure when I'll get round to these but sooner rather than later is the plan ;o) 

And that's your lot for this week ;o) Did anything catch your eye or have you read any of these books already? Leave a comment and let me know...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.