More Books for the TBR Pile, just look at those covers...

My kids are away, with their Mum, for a few days so I'm looking after their cat and rabbit. The rabbit loves having a fuss made of her but for some reason known only to her, loves eating my rucksack even more. The cat... Well, the cat has made it pretty clear that she will tolerate me when it's time for her to be fed but after that, I've got no idea what she gets up to. By yesterday afternoon then, I had to get out for a bit. Book shopping in Greenwich it was and yes, I know... I'm moving soon and really don't need to buy more books but here I am again ;o)

My usual haunts didn't give up any riches, this time round, but I did find a new shop in Greenwich Market ('Rare Books & Curios') that looked promising and as luck would have it, there was plenty there for someone like me. I could have probably come out with more but limited myself to these three beauties...

Don't they look amazing? Absolutely hearkening back to a time when genre fiction wasn't afraid to say what it was. Especially the 'Flash Gordon' book... I will never pass up the chance to buy a movie tie-in and I'm very much looking forward to giving this one a read, it's even got the 'photo pages' in the middle! ;o) I've already got a couple of copies of 'The Broken Sword' but neither of them has a cover that looks as lovely as this one does. That really was the whole reason I bought this copy but I do keep meaning to re-read 'The Broken Sword' so maybe (maybe...) this will give me the impetus I need. And 'Blakes 7'... I was a little too young, at the time, to really get the show (although the ending still lives rent free in my head) but I did enjoy it so I made sure to grab this as well. There aren't any 'photo pages' here but I won't hold that against it ;o)

Anything here catch your eye?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.