Another Movie Watching Weekend…

Saturday was going to be the day that I let the estate agent in, to show people around my flat, and once they’d gone, I’d settle down with any one of a number of books that I really should have finished by now. What I had totally forgotten though was that most of Saturday was meant to be about something else entirely and by the time that was done, it was Sunday afternoon and I wasn’t in the mood for reading at all so… It was time to try and make another dent in my watchlist on Prime. I managed to polish off Season 4 of ‘Creepshow’ but that’s a post for tomorrow. Lets take a look at the movies I watched over Saturday evening and most of Sunday…



‘Lockdown Tower’ (2022)

The inhabitants of a tower wake up one morning to find that their building is shrouded in an opaque fog, obstructing doors and windows - a strange dark matter that devours anything that tries to pass through it. Trapped, the residents try to organize themselves, but to ensure their survival, they gradually succumb to their most primitive instincts.

Brian Keene’s ‘Darkness at the Edge of Town’ wants a word with ‘Lockdown Tower’, about it’s plot, but once I got past that. ‘Lockdown Tower’ ended up being nothing short of compelling viewing the whole way through. No-one is safe from the darkness, either the one outside the tower or the one inside everyone, itching to come out and make the difference between survival and death. Damn but it’s bleak though… Every time you thought you’d seen the worst of the tower dwellers, the film skipped forward a few months, or years, and you found yourself longing for those upbeat times of a few minutes ago. I’m really glad I gave ‘Lockdown Tower’ a go but it’s a tough watch and one that I can’t see myself re-visiting for a while.



‘The Girl with all the Gifts’ (2016)

I posted a review of the book yesterday (Link) so I’m not going to post the synopsis all over again. All I’ll say is that I think the film captures the book pretty much perfectly and Sennia Nanua made a great Melanie. And there is nothing like some well taken shots of an overgrown post-apocalyptic England (and it’s so slient as well…) to really unsettle this viewer,

My eldest daughter (13) enjoyed the book and really wants to watch the film now, I think I’ll let her watch it.



‘Terminator 2: Judgment Day’ (1991)

Another movie where I’m not going to bother posting a synopsis because, well… I don’t really need to say do I? ;o)

I was feeling a bit rough yesterday morning so a ‘T2’ rewatch and a bacon sandwich seemed like the best way to handle that and… it really was. I love this movie and I’m pretty sure that you do too :o)


‘Ravers’ (2018)

When a contaminated energy drink turns an illegal rave into a nightmare, a germophobic journalist has to overcome her deepest fears to get her friends out alive.

Awesome soundtrack (which was a large part of the reason I decided to watch it) but it wasn’t that funny and not particularly scary either which is a problem when Prime is telling me it’s a ‘Comedy Horror’… Actually, I did laugh when the raver’s head exploded but that’s more about me than the film… Not a film I’ll be revisiting.

Did you folks watch anything decent over the weekend? And have you got any recommendations for Halloween viewing? Leave a comment...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.