Books for the TBR Pile... 'Less of the Update' Edition

Because to be honest... Work has been relentless and even when it finally comes to an end, there's still plenty of other things that absolutely have to be done this minute. And that's fair enough, life and all that ;o) It doesn't make for a particularly interesting post here though, does it...? Nope, of course it doesn't.

What you're here for are the books and there are plenty of those to be had this week. It's funny how the number of books goes up in relation to how stressful the week is, there might be something in that... ;o) But anyway, on with the books,


I've had my eye on 'Paperbacks from Hell' for a long time now and after a particularly long old meeting on Wednesday, I caved in and treated myself to a copy. I'm having a lot of fun just opening pages at random and reminding myself what horror used to be like back in the 70s and 80s when the closest I could get to it was sneaking a look at the occasional blurb while Mum was doing the shopping. I'm not sure how that's going to translate to a full review, and when that might be though, we'll see...

Peter Tremayne's 'The Ants' was one of the books that I saw in 'Paperbacks from Hell' and it was cheap, when I tracked it down, so I made sure that I had a copy. Not sure when I'll get round to it but in the meantime, look at that cover! ;o)

And 'The Hangman' was another little treat to myself, especially when I saw that it was a signed copy. I've got at least ten other Guy N. Smith books that I should read first but maybe they'll just have to wait a little longer. I'm not sure, might need to toss a coin here.

One is a book that I read way back in the day and really wanted to read again. The other is a book (same author) that I always fancied trying but never managed to get round to, until now... Which one is which though? I'm not saying, care to hazard a guess...?

And then last but by no means least, another little nostalgic trip down Memory Lane ;o)

I really enjoyed watching 'Frontios' so thought I'd see how the original tie-in book held up after far too many years. I'm in the office this week which means this one is looking like an ideal commuter read. And the same kind of thing with 'Herald of the Storm'; it's been far too long since I read it and I wanted to see how it held up. That and I wanted something with sword fights in it, I know 'Herald of the Storm' won't let me down there ;o)

And that's your lot for this week, I'm off to try and finish some books ahead of next week. Have a good one, whatever you end up doing ;o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.