Books for the TBR Pile... 'Lego Jurassic Park & Little Nightmares' Edition

Once again, I'm years behind everyone else but I got there in the end... I finally went and bought myself a PS4 the other day (for the kids, he said, and precisely no-one believed him) and that's what I was doing most of yesterday :o) My eldest daughter loves 'Little Nightmares' so I bought that and we had some time playing that. Well, she was watching ;o) My youngest loves anything Lego so this time round, that meant a few hours working our way through 'Jurassic Park'. Turns out that all she ever wanted was to be a Lego Triceratops and go stomping around Jurassic Park... If I'd known that before, well... This post would have been posted a long time ago... ;o)

But you're here for the books, aren't you? Thanks for bearing with me and letting me talk ;o) Lets take a look at the books that found their way here over the last seven days.

'Scourge of the Betrayer' is one of those books that I've always meant to read and it was an 'Amazon Deal' so I thought I'd chance it. It's not a priority read but I'd like to get to it sooner rather than later.

I've still got a few 'Elric' books to read but this new entry sits neatly in between the first two books so I thought I should probably tackle this one first, that and the fact that I love the cover art here :o) Again, not a priority read (if I'm wrong, leave a comment and maybe I'll change my mind) but another 'sooner rather than later' read.

And 'The Sword & Sorcery Anthology' replaces another copy that I had, many years ago now, and had to get rid of. Travelling light and all that... I'll be dipping in and out of this one for a short story post here and there.


I didn't even realise that Jade Daniels' tale was going to continue but once I saw that it was, I made bloody sure that I had a copy of 'Don't Fear The Reaper'. 'My Heart Is A Chainsaw' was an excellent read, 'Don't Fear The Reaper' has a lot to live up to but I'm very confident that it will ;o) 

I always wanted to read 'Quake' as a kid (which says a lot about the kind of kid that I was...) and coming off the back of reading 'The Cellar', I didn't want to wait any longer so... here we are. There's a big ol' pile of books that I need to read first but I don't think 'Quake' will be too far away.


There are a few of David Gemmell's books that I haven't read yet and the 'Hawk Queen' books are a couple of those. Not for much longer though, hopefully... These look like they could well be commuter reads, we'll see.

And 'The Ambassador' is another case of me finding way back to the 'Old World' one of my favourite places to spend a little time ;o) I'm looking at this book and thinking that it could also be another commuter read; I've read it before but not for a number of years, it'll be interesting to see how it holds up.


While I was looking for other books by Douglas Hill, I saw this on eBay and had to have it, Another book that I'll be dipping in and out of as the fancy takes me :o) There are a few stories here that I've read before but also a few that I haven't, I'll be into those first.

And that's your lost for this week, you can't say that I haven't given you plenty to look at ;o) Anything here grab your eye and you think I should pick it up first? Leave a comment and let me know...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.