Books For The TBR Pile... 'Horribly Belated' Edition

Sorry for the 'blogging silence', these last few days, and more apologies that this is a going to be a very short post. Life has kind of caught up with me, these last few days, and unfortunately it will always be the blog that takes the hit. That's kind of just the way it is.

I'm here now though and in the spirit of the whole ' far too late but here we are' theme, here are a couple of books that I really should posted months ago but... Here we are ;o) These two books have been on a tiny pile marked 'Blog Post' and every time I got round to it, something else would happen. So, before something else happens again...

I love me some 'Kane' (and that reminds me, I really should do that re-read soon...) so I was all over 'In A Lonely Place' when I finally got paid last time round. It's a collection of short stories so expect to see a few of these pop up here and there.

And 'Hell Hound'...

'What are the possibilities of my strength? That is a thought I have never had before. What if some morning as the old woman stood at the head of the staircase she were suddenly to feel a weight thrusting against the back of her legs? What if she were to lunge forward, grasping at the air, striking her thin skull against the edge of a stair? What would become of me if she were found unmoving at the bottom of the stairway?'

Such are the thoughts of Baxter, a sociopathic bull terrier on the hunt for the perfect master, as he contemplates the demise of his first victim. The basis for the acclaimed 1989 film Baxter, Ken Greenhall's utterly chilling and long-unobtainable Hell Hound (1977) has earned a reputation as a lost classic of horror fiction. This reissue includes a new introduction by Grady Hendrix.

I saw that blurb and I had to have it. Baxter does not sound like a good dog... I'll be able to tell you more once I've read it which will be... *takes a quick look at the other books I'm reading*… Soon?

That's your lot for today? Do these look like good reads to you? Leave a comment and let me know...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.