Books for the TBR Pile... 'Too Many Books, Again' Edition

Sorry about the 'blog silence' for the last couple of days... Friday was monstrous and by the time it was done, so was I ;o) I had about enough in me to crack open a beer and watch a whole load of Season 2 of 'The Legend of Vox Machina' (made it to about episode ten, of however many episodes are on Prime at the moment, and then I was dozing so I stopped there). There'll be a post to come, about all of that, soon; I'm just debating whether to wait for the season to conclude or divide it into a few 'bite sized' blog posts. And as for Saturday, I'm a complete lightweight so that one beer, on the Friday, resulted in me sleeping through half of it... :o) 

But you're not that bothered about my daily comings and goings, are you? Thanks for sitting through my rambling but I know what you're here for. Lets talk about books, the books that turned up at mine over the course of the week. Without further ado, lets go...

You can always tell when I've had an intense week at work as I have a habit of sending little book parcels to my future self, just to cheer him up and get him through the day ;o) Youtube has been throwing a lot of 'Lovecraft Country' videos at me so I took the hint... Before I watch the show, I thought I'd give the book a shot. I used to enjoy Charles Stross' 'Laundry Files' series, way back in the day, and thought I'd dive back in again; 'Dead Lies Dreaming' seemed like the best place to do just that...

And 'Neuromancer', another book that I haven't read for a number of years (going on for about twenty years I reckon...) so I thought I'd treat myself and give it another go. It's probably the first book I'll read from these three as...

Yep, I couldn't help myself and bought the other two in the trilogy as well. At least this time I went down the eBay route and saved myself a few quid ;o) I'd always meant to read 'Spiderlight', but never managed to find a copy, so when I saw it in 'Crofton Books', I didn't hang around. I wouldn't mind getting to it soon but, we'll see...


And last but by no means least... 'Feet of Clay' was a charity shop find that goes towards rebuilding my 'Discworld' collection. 'The Pirate Planet' was bought with one eye on keeping my 'commuter read' shelf well stocked. Don't be too surprised if you see a post about that one sooner rather than later...

And that's your lot for this week ;o) I'll try not to leave it too long between posts but life may have a thing or two to say about that... Anything here caught your eye? Leave a comment and let me know.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.