Books for the TBR Pile, 'Still Coughing' Edition

I'm at the tale end of the cold now where my body has run out of stuff to cough but has also decided that it still needs to cough, both often and very loudly so... A quick post today and then I'm going to try and drown that cough with a Lemsip or two. Whatever it takes basically, I'm in the office tomorrow so I need it to clear up by then, fingers crossed...

Anyway... You're being very polite but you're here for the books aren't you? Of course you are? Most of what I've picked up is still headed to me via Royal Mail but some other bits have turned up here; not much but it's all stuff that I'm keen to keep reading. Or have already read, I had to...


Starting from the right this time... I enjoyed 'Castaways' so much that I thought it was way past time I gave the series that inspired Keene's book a go and 'The Cellar arrived not long after. It's only a short read (I've finished the whole thing over the last couple of nights) so 'The Cellar' will be reviewed this week. It's a good read, that's all I'll say for now ;o)
'Lord of the Silent Kingdom' is me replacing an old copy that ended up going to the 'Comic & Book Exchange' a few years ago. I'd love to say that I'll review it soon but I really need to read 'The Tyranny of the Night' first and I've got no idea where it it...
'The Dead and the Damned' was actually the first Black Library book I remember buying and it ended up as the unfortunate victim of another 'book purge' so when I saw it going cheap on the ol' eBay, I didn't hang around getting myself a copy (seriously, for some reason this book isn't cheap these days). I wouldn't mind getting to it soon(ish) but we'll see how things go with another couple of reads first.


I thoroughly enjoyed 'The Justice of Kings' so getting myself a copy of 'The Tyranny of Faith' was no chore at all. This week is looking busy but maybe I'll get a chance to dip into it next weekend? Maybe...
And 'The Beast House' trilogy...? I told you that I enjoyed 'The Cellar', I enjoyed it so much that I went straight out a grabbed me a copy of 'The Beast House Trilogy'. I don't want to leave it too long before cracking this one open but it's looking like another busy week this week, I don't know...

And that's your lot for this week? As always, leave a comment if anything here caught your eye. Or just to say hi? Either's good ;o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.