Books for the TBR Pile, 'So long Christmas Tree' Edition...

Two weeks back and it already feels like Christmas was a lot longer ago than that, how are you guys handling that? Are you missing Christmas or are you secretly quite glad that's it all over? I volunteered to get rid of my ex's Christmas tree, and I'll be doing that later on today. so Christmas isn't quite over yet :o) The park, near her house, has this thing where you can leave your Christmas tree there and the council will take it away and... I don't know actually, whatever they do with Christmas trees, once the season is over, I guess. I'm pretty sure it involves a wood chipper :o)

Anyway... While I'm dragging our Christmas tree up a hill, to the park, you get the easier job, checking out the books that have found their way here over the last week. There were a few ;o)


'Track of Words' has swiftly become my place to go for all things Warhammer so when I saw the review for 'Witchbringer', I knew it would be worth me picking up a copy for myself. And that's exactly what I did. My TBR is in a constant state of flux these days but 'Witchbringer' is a book that I'd like to get to soon.

I've always enjoyed Michael Scott Rohan's 'Winter of the World' books so figured it was time to branch out and try some of his other works. And that's why there's a copy of 'The Lord of Middle Air' in the picture, that and the amazing Ian Miller cover art. Not sure when I'll be able to get to this but... I will.

And 'Morningstar'... A chance scroll through Twitter, the other day, reminded me that's it's a David Gemmell book that I've never read and I really should. Out of the three books here, 'Morningstar' is the book that will probably feature first but there are a few books that I need to read first before I can pick this one up, it's the same old story ;o)


I was originally given a review copy of 'The God is Not Willing' but, for a number of reasons, have never been able to get round to finishing it. I've always felt a little guilty about that, especially after asking for the book in the first place, so this new copy is a way of making amends a little bit. At least if I don't finish this one, I'm the one out of pocket ;o)

And 'Gardens of the Moon' was an impulse purchase as I really fancied reading it on the way home, sometimes that's all the reason that's needed ;o)

And that's your lot for this week :o) Anything here caught your eye? Leave a comment and let me know.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Mad God' (2021)

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.