Books for the TBR Pile... 'Finally Arrived!' Edition.

The books that is ;o) I never really went away, just needed to recharge my batteries over Christmas and I kind of managed that. I read a few books, watched a lot of TV but spent the largest chunk of the holidays hanging out with my daughters which was just what I needed; I could have done with an extra week but mustn't grumble and all that ;o)

Where does that all leave me for 2023...? And where does that leave the blog (which I gave some serious thought to bringing to a close, the last few weeks before Christmas just felt like more work and that's something I really want to avoid if I can)? Well, the blog's still here so that's something ;o) The aim is still to keep it as a fun thing to do though so I'll be straight with you; don't expect to see to many negative reviews here; I want to enjoy my reading (wherever it takes me) so that will inevitably creep into my posts here. I'll do my best to keep things interesting though, don't worry ;o)

Enough of all that for now though. The title says 'Books for the TBR Pile' so I shall oblige. The postal strikes saw a number of books get stuck in the post but as luck would have it, these all ended up on my doorstep a couple of days before Christmas. In the spirit of getting all caught up, lets take a look at what came my way...


'The Sword and the Sorcerer' was a lot of fun to watch so once I realised that there was a 'book of the film', it pretty much bought itself. I'll be honest though, there wasn't an awful lot of plot in the film so I'll be very interested to see how this book is padded out... 

'War of the Daleks' was one of those purchases that I make as a result of typing a book title into eBay, just to see if it really was a book or just something that I'd imagined. 'War of the Daleks' was a book after all, now I need to read it.

And 'The Island' is another little milestone on my journey to collect all the Guy N. Smith horror books. It's probably the most likely to be the first book, from these three, that I post about here. We'll see...

A book that I've been meaning to read for years now but never quite managed to find the time for. Now my reading is taking me back into the Old World, seemed like the best time to finally grab a copy. 'Van Horstmann' isn't at the top of the TBR Pile but it's not far off.

And this is what inevitably happens when it's late at night and I'm trying to remember the other half of the title of a book that I last read when I was maybe six or seven... Oh well, it's here now so I may as well read it ;o)

And that's your lot for now. I could really do with some sleep and in the morning, I need to go back into the loft and sort out the rest of the books... Anything here catch your eye? Did you read 'King Canoodlum & the Great Horned Cheese' when you were tiny enough not to know any better...? Leave a comment and let me know ;o)

Comments

  1. I have the Sword & the Sorcerer novelization, but I haven't read it yet. Love the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only saw the movie, for the first time, back in October, and loved it so I had to get the book when I saw it. I've got a few other books that I need to read first but 'The Sword and the Sorcerer' isn't that far down the TBR pile... ;o)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.