Books for the TBR Pile... 'Charity Shop Gold!' Edition

After a couple of years just doing my Christmas Shopping online, I thought I'd head into Bromley for the afternoon and do it 'old school'. Lets just say that next year, I'll be doing it all online again ;o) The toyshop in particular was just hell on earth *shudders*

It wasn't all bad though as I got to visit a few charity shops and see what they had to offer as far as books went. Quite a few as it happened :o) Sometimes the pickings are slim but this time round, I was in luck and managed to find a few cool bits to take home with me. Fancy a look? Of course you do...


Okay, it all started before I even left the house with a couple of 'payday treats' turning up in the morning. I'd heard word of a new 'Conan' book, on Twitter, so made sure I had me a copy, to be read possibly over Christmas (lets see what else is happening first). You're more likely to see 'Lord of Misrule' feature here first. I've had a hankering for some 'Slaine' and 'Lord of Misrule' is stand-alone enough to make for a quick read.


I found all three of these hiding under a pile of books in Oxfam and they were only a couple of quid each so I made sure that I had these too :o) I read the first book years ago and never got round to reading the rest. Finding the first three books gives me a chance to get more of a feel for the series, as a whole, so I'm looking forward to getting stuck into these.


I will never say no to a Robert Rankin book so when I saw these two in the Cancer Research shop, I grabbed them before anyone else could. 'Raiders of the Lost Car Park' replaces an older copy that I used to have while I've never read 'A Dog Called Demolition' so that was an easy purchase. Both of these books are going straight on the 'Rankin TBR Pile', to be picked up when I need a quick pick-me-up ;o)
It got to the point, this afternoon, where I'd had more than enough of fighting my way through the crowds so I'd headed into the Warhammer store for a little downtime. And that's where I found my copy of 'Hallowed Ground', a book that had been on my Amazon wishlist for a while; it seemed like a good time to pick it up :o) To be read... I'm not quite sure but hopefully soon.

And that's your lot for this week :o) Anything here that catches your eye? Is 'Chew' worth a read? Leave a comment and let me know. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Mad God' (2021)

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.