Books for the TBR Pile... 'Book Shopping By The Sea' Edition

Sorry for the blog silence these last couple of days... I've had a couple of days in Ramsgate and given the way work, and life in general, has been just recently, I decided to take a little time away from the blog as well and just concentrate on reading, mostly in pubs ;o) And that's exactly what I did and it was lovely, I've got a potentially tough day looming but I feel recharged and ready to give it a go.

It wasn't just reading though (although I managed to finish three over the weekend, not bad going at all), of course it wasn't. One of the reasons that I stayed over in Ramsgate was the promise of a couple of second-hand bookshops that I'd never had the chance to look in the last time I was there. Haywards Bookshop will have to wait for another visit (it was closed) but Michael's Bookshop was open and that proved to be more than enough.

The bottom line is that if you ever find yourself in Ramsgate, make sure you pay 'Michael's Bookshop' a visit. We're talking 'classic second hand bookshop' here with loads of passages filled with shelves full of books, leading to rooms full of... you guessed it ;o) I won't lie, I went straight for the 'Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror' section which was another long row of bookshelves, reminiscent of the Sci-Fi/Fantasy 'Tunnel' that they used to have in 'Notting Hill Comic and Book Exchange'. There were a lot of books to look through and I bought the following for just under £20, not bad if I do say so myself...


If you hadn't guessed already, I'll buy any book that looks a little 'old school' and is 50p or under... 'Wereblood' was an easy purchase though, replacing a copy that I lost a long time ago, and it will go nicely with my review of 'Werenight' as well ;o) I've never heard of 'Wizard of Storms' at all but it was 50p so I couldn't really say no... 'Wereblood' will probably be reviewed first but they're both short reads so don't be too surprised if you see 'Wizard of Storms' featuring soon as well.


One more instalment in 'I never say no to books for 50p'... I still need to read 'The Birthgrave' but it will be nice to have 'Shadowfire' to hand when that finally happens, and look at that cover ;o) I'm not so keen on the cover for 'Swords Against Tomorrow' but that list of authors looks like just my kind of reading; I'll probably dip in and out of this one and feature those short stories individually, we'll see...


And I'll never turn down a trip to the Old World whenever I get the chance... ;o) I actually finished 'Reiksguard' over the weekend so you will see a review sooner rather than later. It might take me a little while longer to get to 'Kinslayer', hopefully not too long though (I love a bit of 'Gotrek & Felix')


And last but not least... I've always meant to read 'Mouse Guard' but never quite managed to get my hands on a copy... until Saturday when I saw this on the shelf and thought 'damn, grab it before someone else does!' I was one of two people in the shop (and that lady was more about the philosophy section) but I grabbed it quickly all the same. I might try and read it this, I'm not sure. I am looking forward to getting into it though, whenever that might be.

And that's it from a pretty damn productive trawl through the bookshelves of 'Michael's Bookshop' ;o) Is there anything here that catches your eye? Let me know in the comments...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.