Polishing off some TV… What should I watch next?

With everything that’s going on at the moment (up to and including making sure that the kitten and the rabbit remain on good terms, it seems to be working at the moment), I find myself forgetting to post all sorts of stuff here. And that includes my TV watching, two shows of which ended last week. You know the ones, most of Twitter was banging on about them last week and like someone who has finally worked up the nerve to go to that party (only to find that it’s been over for almost a week…), well.. Here I am 😊

I’ve got a few other bits and pieces to get done tonight so quick thoughts on ‘She-Hulk’ and ‘The Rings of Power’ are the order of the day once again. Not just that, everyone has said all the cool stuff about these shows already so I’m going to try and see if I can do this without repeating myself too much. Here goes…

‘She-Hulk: Attorney at Law’

8. Ribbit and Rip it.

9. Whose Show is This?

Two episodes left and two things to cover before the series ended… Daredevil’s role (which has been built up to and hinted at loads) and the whole who and why around the Hulk King. From where I was sat, ‘She-Hulk’ nailed it on both fronts. Matt Murdock is clearly being set up for a series of his own but the stage is still clearly Jen’s to do what she needs to, and she does. There’s a definite meeting of minds (and the rest) but this is all about Jen and her learning that she can have it all if she wants to. Which she does and fair play to her for having that brief moment before it all kicks off in the finale…

And as far as that goes… If we’re saying that ‘She-Hulk’ is all about Jen gaining control of her own story then it makes total sense for the show to take it to the extent that it did. Anything less would have blown the whole point of the show (at least from where I was sat). It might even explain some of the early online grumbling about the animation, who knows? 😉

Either way, not a bad ending at all and a show that I really enjoyed.


‘The Rings of Power’

7. The Eye.

8. Alloyed.

I’m not too bothered about timelines and canon so, on the whole, I’ve enjoyed ‘The Rings of Power’. Even when it was trying to find it’s stride. The last two episodes were more of the same (although I had to wonder at the insistence of showing off the Balrog, the Balrog that we already knew was hiding in the depths, did the show think we needed reminding…?) and I’m very much looking forward to Season 2, whenever that’s slated for.

‘The Eye’ was a visually stunning bit of TV and had some nice little foreshadowing moments that I totally ignored because I thought I’d figured out who was Sauron. It turned out that I’d second guessed myself and the person that I’d convinced myself wasn’t Sauron, was… Well played ‘Rings of Power’, well played… 😊 That reveal made for a brilliant finale and the sight of Sauron finding his way back to Mordor (presumably to finally see to Adar…) really got me, I hope we see more of that actor before the inevitable ‘Sauron changes form’ thing.

And I think we can all agree that the Stranger isn’t a stranger, more of an old friend 😊 There’s one reveal that I hope will stay just as it is.

And with that, what should I watch next? I've heard that 'Tales from the Loop' is worth a look, what about 'Andor'?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.