Books for the TBR Pile... 'That Pesky Wabbit!' Edition

A few days ago, my ex picked up a rescue rabbit, the most adorable fluffy little thing you've ever seen. We've all fallen in love with her but the poor little thing has gone through a fair bit of upheaval, before ending up at my ex's, and gets stressed very quickly, making a beeline for her favourite hiding place (behind the drinks cabinet) if things get a little too much for her. It'll take a little time but we're working to settle her in and chill out her out as well. If you're reading this and have any tips on de-stressing rabbits, leave a comment on this post or drop me an email; I'd love to hear from you :o)

And now, onto the books...

It's been a quiet week on the book buying front, I'm trying to buy fewer books anyway but I've also got a weekend away coming up and I'm trying to save book shopping for then. But... It's me :o) A few books have turned up this week, just a few but I think they're going to be good ones (I would say that but even so...) Check them out...

Brian Keene recommended 'The Drive-In', in a couple of his essays, so I thought I really ought to give it a shot. And that's exactly what I'm doing at the time of writing... ;o) That doesn't happen often but I gave the first couple of pages a go and I've been hooked ever since. I've probably given the game away but I'm still going to review 'The Drive-In' this week ;o)

And 'Broken Honour'... Here's a book that I thoroughly enjoyed back in the day and have been searching for another copy ever since. eBay sorted me out and 'Broken Honour' turned up the other day. I'd like to think I'll get to it sooner rather than later but I know what work has in store this week so... we'll see ;o)

I watched 'My Best Friend's Exorcism' the other day and loved it, a lot of fun and properly creepy in all the right places. Buying the book was a no-brainer then ;o) The plan is to make it a Halloween Read but lets see how my other books go first...

And I'm really starting to get into 'Warhammer Horror' now so 'Gothghul Hollow' was another easy purchase. I'm wondering whether I can fit this into Halloween as well, is it time to rearrange my 'Primary TBR Pile' again? Maybe...

And that's your lot for this week. If there are any books here you'd like me to bump up the TBR, of if you know your stuff about rabbits, leave a comment and let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.