Catching up with some TV again... 'She-Hulk' and 'The Rings of Power'

The plan was to get some reading done last night but then I realised that I'd be missing out on 'She-Hulk' and 'The Rings of Power' and that pretty much made my mind up. Last night was a 'catching up with telly' night; maybe, just maybe, I'll get some reading done over the weekend. Lets see... In the meantime then, lets talk a little but about my two favourite shows of the moment (actually, the only two shows that I'm watching... anyone have any recommendations?)


'She-Hulk, Attorney at Law' – Episode 6, 'Just Jen'

Don't you do it 'She-Hulk... Don't you go and get me all excited for a Daredevil appearance and then make this episode all about a wedding... Oh, you just did. Dammit.

Actually, it wasn't that bad. I just really wanted to see Daredevil ;o) If we're going to go with the whole 'ordinary things happening to extraordinary', then this is the kind of thing that we're just going to have to get used to. And haven't we all really wanted to turn up at one of these kind of things and really stick it to all the people that we hated as kids? 'Look at me' and all that? Well, that may well just be me then but watching Jen go through it... I was rooting for her even more than normal so 'Just Jen' was clearly doing something right. Some humour and a bit of wish fulfilment is always a good mix, that and watching Titania finally get hers. There's still time for lawyer business with the Immortal Man having to face up to consequences (watching him be restrained from jumping out the window, just to avoid an awkward situation, was a highlight for me) and there are hints that there might finally be a bit of plot and a 'baddie' to get our teeth into. And as much as I like the gentle(ish) nature of this show, I'm ready for a bit of that. Don't let me down 'She-Hulk'...

'The Rings of Power' – Episode 5, 'Partings'

As much as I still love this show (and I really do), it's getting harder and harder to write about it when it's absolutely in no hurry at all. Story? We'll get there when we get there... ;o) And I'll stick up for it taking that approach, it's completely the right tone for a show that's about journeys, journeys and more journeys. Everyone is on a journey somewhere ;o) It's just that... There's a little part of me that wants things to just kick on now, not spend too much more time on people talking about doing stuff. But then I watched 'Partings' and couldn't help but enjoy all the characterisation being built on, and the questions about who Sauron is. I don't think it's Halbrand or Adar now so are we looking for someone completely new or am I about to be proved incredibly wrong...? Well, I don't think we'll find out next week so there's still time to ponder ;o) And it does look like things might just kick off next week (I wonder if Galadriel's awesome sword skills being on display were a sign of things to come?) so maybe this is just the quiet before the storm? Again, I'm not sure.

One thing I will say though is that there wasn't enough 'Star Man' this week. I like how his tale is unfolding and I want to know more but that wasn't to be, this week, which was a shame.

Not a bad instalment then, I just think it's time that things happened. Fingers crossed that it does that next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.