Books for the TBR Pile... 'Post-Birthday' Edition...

It was my birthday yesterday and a very nice day it was too :o) Well, apart from the food poisoning but that was fairly short lived and a really good excuse to stay in bed and catch up on 'She-Hulk' and 'Rings of Power' (more on those another time, probably tomorrow). And there were books, of course there were... ;o)

I think I've said this before but there is an amazing second hand bookshop in Plymouth ('Barbican Books', go check it out) that I don't get to spend much time in any more but my ex-wife will take me round via the medium of WhatsApp video calls. It's awesome, I get to see what's on the shelves and she will pick it up for me :o) Well, her and the girls were there the other week and took me round for a little birthday shopping. I had to wait for the books but now I've had my birthday, here they are...


It has been years since I last read the 'Viriconium' books and they may well be due a re-read, same deal with 'The Black Corridor'. They have both been moved up the TBR Pile accordingly and I'll start one or the other this weekend. 'The Day The Gods Died'... Sometimes a book will turn up that I never even saw, let alone asked for ;o) 'The Day The Gods Died' was one of those books, I'm interested to see what it's like...


I have never seen 'Dragonslayer', seriously, is it any good? In the meantime, I've got the 'book of the film' to read so that'll do me ;o) And there's a little 'Conan' lurking on the opposite side to 'Dragonslayer', this is shaping up to be a good photo ;o)
'Winter of the Wolf' was a speculative punt from me... I have no idea what's about and I've got a feeling that it may come partway through a series. It looked interesting though so I had it.


Now I love Michael Scott Rohan's 'Winter of the World' series (I really should read them again) but I've never read any of his other books. I saw 'Cloud Castles' and 'A Spell of Empire' on the shelf and had to have them, I'd like to get to them soon(ish) but we'll see how that pans out. I've only ever read one book by C.J. Cherryh and was so long ago now (back in the late eighties) that I can't remember the title. It might even be 'Exile's Gate', I don't know... Either way, I now have a copy of 'Exile's Gate' and I'll read it... soon(ish).


And last but not least... I've got a number of 'Dune' books that I need to get through before getting onto 'Heretics of Dune' but it's on the shelf now, waiting... ;o) It's not often that I come across a 'New Adventures' book ('Doctor Who' but without the Doctor) so I had to grab it. And 'When The Star Kings Die'... I seem to be building up a collection of John Jakes' books so this was an easy book to pick up too.

And that's your lot for this week, quite a few books and they all look intriguing (although I would say that, I picked them!) Anything here caught your eye? Leave a comment and let me know.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.