Books for the TBR Pile... 'Late' Edition!

Apologies for the brief period of silence yesterday, it was Father's Day (but you knew that already...) and I was being completely and utterly spoiled by my kids (you didn't know that but it was safe bet wasn't it?) One trip to the Lego store (we love making mini-figures), Waterstones (it's not just me who likes buying books...) and a whole load of pizza later... That was it, all done for another year. I loved it though :o) 

And so it's back to the blog and trying to get a little caught up while I also try and get caught up with work on another busy Monday ;o) While I do that, why don't you take a look at the books that found their way back to mine over the course of the week... I need to see if I can go for at least a week without one of these posts, I'm running out of room in my flat...

A little 'Father's Day Treat' to myself... ;o) I've had my eye on these books for a while and when I saw them in Waterstones, it was like fate was telling me to buy them... So I did. I'm deep into 'Shadow of the Gods' at the moment but the 'Warcry' anthology has somehow already nudged it's way into the 'Current Reading Pile'. You might have to wait a little longer for 'The Red Feast'.


And here are a couple that I found in my local 'Red Cross' shop. I fancy a little sci-fi reading and Iain M. Banks' books are always a safe bet, especially when I've read and enjoyed them before. And 'Anansi Boys' is a book that I've always meant to read but never quite managed. Here's hoping that actually having a copy of the book will help... ;o)


And last but not least... I'd seen some chat about 'The Hangman Feeds The Jackal' on Twitter and sounded like just my kind of book so one payday later... Here it is, waiting to be read. Have some blurb while you're here... ;o)

Elijah Valero is a gunfighter afflicted with terrifying hallucinations, including a pervasive one of The Hangman out to kill him.

Dogged by the relentless spectre of the Hangman, Valero mistakenly kills innocent victims and is forced to hide in an abandoned monastery for his own safety and for those of others. Once there, he encounters far greater dangers than the imaginary Hangman, and gains a bid for redemption as he faces down some silver-hungry drifters out to terrorize a town for its riches...


I wouldn't be too surprised if 'The Hangman' was read and reviewed a little sooner than you're expecting, don't quote me on that though ;o)


And that's that, for this week anyway... Any books here catch your eye? Leave a comment and let me know.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.