Books for the TBR Pile... 'Can't Get To Sleep, Again...' Edition
It looks like once again, I've got myself in a state about work this week and I'm still in that moment, even though work is most definitely not going to be a thing until Monday morning... For what it's worth, the Graeme of several years ago is looking on and thinking 'what the hell have I become...?' Hopefully better at keeping a job 'past Graeme'... ;o) Sleep will happen at some point, just not right now so in the meantime, why don't we take a look at the books that have followed me home this week...
Not too many books this time round, mostly because payday is still a way off but also because I really want to make a dent in what's in the flat first. Seriously, have you seen the state of the place? Actually, it would be really weird if you had but you know what I mean. It would be good to finish more books than I'm buying ;o) There have been a few books turn up though. I'm lucky enough to get the occasional review copy so there's some of that, this week, and there's also a couple of books that I did buy. Check 'em out...
One of those arriving on that night strand is a woman abducted by corsairs from her home as a child, escaping that fate, that destiny, years after, now trying to chart her own course - and bent upon revenge. Another figure, on the boat, bringing it to meet the secretive landing party at the city where they are going, is a merchant who still remembers being exiled as a child with his family from their home, for their faith...
Seventeen men enter the wood. Only two are ever seen again, and the stories they tell of what happened make no sense. Stories of shifting landscapes, of trees that appear and disappear at will... and of something else. Something dark. Something hungry.
Today, five women are headed into Moresby Wood to discover, once and for all, what happened to that unfortunate group of soldiers. Led by Dr Alice Christopher, an historian who has devoted her entire academic career to uncovering the secrets of Moresby Wood. Armed with metal detectors, GPS units, mobile phones and the most recent map of the area (which is nearly 50 years old), Dr Christopher's group enters the wood ready for anything.
Or so they think.
'The Dark Between The Trees' isn't published until October so you might have to wait until closer the time before you see a review. You will see one though ;o)


Comments
Post a Comment