Catching up with ‘Moon Knight’ – Episode 3 (‘The Friendly Type’) and Episode 4 (‘The Tomb’)


I’m cutting it fine (today has been another one of those days…) but I finally managed to find a little time to get caught up on ‘Moon Knight’ 😊 I didn’t even try to watch it last week (the kids were on holiday so the second I got any time spare, I pretty much fell asleep) so it’s a ‘double feature’ this week. I even managed to keep myself spoiler-free, which I never normally do, so was really keen to see just what had happened while I was away. As it happened… I’ll get to that in a second but before I do… Here’s your regular reminder that I don’t do plot re-caps here. Oh no, not when I’ve got an early start tomorrow. If that’s what you’re after, I’d visit Tor.com if I were you. They’ve got great re-caps for ‘The Friendly Type’ and ‘The Tomb’, you’re welcome 😉

And if you’re still here, let’s go…

I’ll be honest, I didn’t think I was going to enjoy ‘The Friendly Type’ with heart to hearts and a little detective work looking like the order of the day. I know… I’m not coming across like the most discerning of viewers but there was a real energy to the first two episodes of ‘Moon Knight’ and I wanted more of that. Okay, I also just wanted to see Moon Knight fight stuff… It really has been another one of those days…

Luckily and funnily enough, I ended up getting a little bit of everything in an episode that hints at a lot of cool things including a whole pantheon of gods that are staying well hidden (and don’t appreciate Konshu making a big scene) and just how manipulative Harrow can be amongst other things. What we’ve got here is one of those episodes whose main task is to set up all the really cool stuff that will play out further down the line while establishing some relationships at the same time.. Not only does it do this really well but I also got all the cool fights that I wanted so an early win for me 😊

And then… ‘The Tomb’ happened and things got even better. Seriously.

‘The Tomb’ is like ‘Indiana Jones’ met up with ‘The Mummy’ and played a game of ‘Archaeologists’ in a psychiatric hospital, it was brilliant. Loads of action and a few moments that really made you think about what you were watching, or even if you were watching what you thought you were watching. You are, I think…I’ll have to get back to you, about that one, after next week’s episode. In the meantime, it really feels like we’re in full flow here with payoff from questions raised in ‘The Friendly Type’ going up against even more questions that will have to be answered. Especially if Marc/Steven is going to have any kind of future with Layla. At least one of the two deserves it, the jury is out over which one though… We’re really starting to see the cracks in Harrow’s armour show a proper nasty bastard underneath as well, poor Layla. And who is the ‘third identity’ living in Marc/Steven’s head? I feel like the answer should be really obvious but it’s floating just out of reach. Oh well, I guess that’s what next week’s episode is for.

That’s all I’m good for tonight so I’m going to round things off here. ‘Moon Knight’ may have slowed down slightly but it just carries on doing what it does best, I love it 😊 Roll on next week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.