Books for the TBR Pile... 'Bloody Wide Awake' Edition
Well, it had to happen. I've spent most of the last two days in bed, getting over a nasty stomach bug, and just when I'm coming out the other side... Now I find that I can't get to sleep... Oh well, lets go for a quick blog post and then see what happens next.
It hasn't just been about being sick, this week has been a bit of a killer in other ways too and just when I really wanted to curl up with a good book (what I'd normally do in this situation), I found that I was too wound up to get into anything that I'm currently reading. The best way round this? Well, it's clearly to out and buy some books that I can get into over a hopefully much quieter weekend (please let it be a quieter weekend...) The only condition was that the book(s) had to come from a charity shop or second hand bookshop, I think I did pretty well as it happens...
The Charity Shop Books...
What's better than four books for two quid? When those four books are books by Robert Rankin of course ;o) I love Rankin's style and I'd have bought these books anyway but I reckon they could be just the thing to stir me out of my reader's block. And they're all books that I've never read before so... which one do I read first? Probably 'They Came And Ate Us' but that's not a given. Okay, it probably is a given.
The Books From 'Crofton Bookshop'...
It had been a while since I last visited Crofton Books so I thought it would be a good way to round off the week ;o) There weren't that many books there, for me, this time but I did find these two so I'm not complaining too much. I love the 'Predator' movies (yep, even those ones) but I've only ever read the one tie-in book, 'South China Sea', so when I saw 'Concrete Jungle' I thought it could be a good weekend read. I'll let you know how it goes. And I was really happy to find this copy of 'City of Saints and Madmen' (hidden behind a small pile of books, it just goes to show that you never know what you'll find in these places) as I'd lost my copy years ago and never found another one like this, until now. I won't be reading it just yet but it's mine again and that was a good way to end a slightly shitty week :o)
And that's me for this post :o) I'm going to try and get some sleep now but if any of these books catch your eye, leave a comment and let a chap know?


Comments
Post a Comment