Books for the TBR Pile... 'Hello Weekend!' Edition

Thank goodness that week is over, 'double thank goodness' that this weekend is a long weekend... It hasn't been a bad week but there has been rather a lot of it so I'm glad to see the back of it to be honest ;o) I've got a busy weekend lined up but not that busy. Should be fun actually :o) 

But you're not here for that and you've done really well, letting me ramble when you want to see what the ol' book haul looks like this week. Not too bad as it happens :o) I had a little wander through Lewisham, one lunchtime, and it was like the charity shops knew I was in the area and had put all their best books out... I love a lunch break like that ;o) All of the following for just over six quid...


The British Heart Foundation Shop...

Apologies for the photo, not one of my best but you can make the books out ;o) I'm way behind on my 'Joe Abercrombie Reading' and 'Sharp Ends' is one of those books that I've yet to read so it was another case of 'See it, Buy it'. Hoping to get to this one fairly soon. And 'Deathwing'... I'm partial to a good 'Warhammer 40K' anthology so made sure I had this one too. This book could very well be a 'commute read' at some point so keep an eye open for it (or leave a comment if you want me to get to it sooner...)


The Cancer Research Shop...

And I will always pick up Robert Rankin books wherever I see them. Especially if I haven't read them before, 'double especially' if you can buy them 'two for a pound'. This is the second time I've found Robert Rankin books in the Cancer Research Store and I have a feeling that there are more hidden away in their storeroom so I'll be keeping an eye open for them, fingers crossed that there are more...


The Scope Shop...

And last but not least, another addition to my 'Fighting Fantasy' collection. I've never read 'Battleblade Warrior' so am looking forward to giving it a go when I get a chance, might even take my kids through it :o) I've got a few books to read first though.

And that's that for this week, not the biggest haul ever but it's still a good one. Anything there caught your eye? Leave a comment and let me know...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.