'Moon Knight' Season 1, Episode 1 – 'The Goldfish Problem'


I've been as sick as a dog today which has left me with loads of time to watch TV but not a lot of energy to work out how I feel about it. This is typical when it's finally time to watch 'Moon Knight'... I've only ever read the one 'Moon Knight' book, and that was years ago now, so I'm coming to this show fresh, as it were, and it's also a show that I've been looking forward to for what seems like ages. It feels like we're slowly moving away from the alien tech, of the early movies, to something that's a little more mystical with 'Shang Chi' and now 'Moon Knight'. Lets see what we get...

As always, and particularly with the way that I'm feeling today, I'm not even going to try and recap the episode. If that's what you're after (and you don't mind spoilers along the way) then Tor.com have you covered. For everyone else still here, lets talk 'Moon Knight' and 'The Goldfish Problem'.

It's early days, of course it is, but if 'The Goldfish Problem' is anything to go by then I think we've got something special on our hands with 'Moon Knight'. It just didn't let up for a second, there was always something happening and it all built up to the perfect ending. Seriously, the hair on my arms stood up when the big reveal happened. It was awesome. Apart from the Netflix shows, I don't think I've seen a Marvel show as overtly violent as 'Moon Knight' was in those final moments. I'll be interested to see if and where they continue to go with that.

Oscar Issac was brilliant as quite literally a man out of time, losing entire days (with no idea why) and still having to just muddle through. There's a hero right there, just with that. I know that Dissociative Identity Disorder plays a part in this show but I don't know enough about to really comment at the moment. What I can say though is that Steven Grant is a man who puts everyone else first and that's kind of sad when you think about it. His journey is only just beginning though and I hope there's something positive there for him at the end of it.

I feel like death warmed up so I'm going to call it quits here and say that I can't wait for next week. 'Moon Knight' has already given me loads to think about and a sweet dose of action to take my mind of stuff. More of the same, next week, please ;o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.