Books for the TBR Pile... 'Critical Something' Edition

I'm talking about the sheer amount of books that there are in the flat now. 'Far too many' doesn't begin to cover it. I might just have to look at another 'book buying ban' while I try and get this lot under control but I've said that before and... Here I am, saying it again like I think this time will be the time when it all happens ;o) Lets be realistic, the only way I'm getting this under control is if I move to a larger flat!

But anyway...

Sorry about the lack of post yesterday. Without going into too much detail, I had loads of good intentions but it soon turned out that yesterday was just not a day for blogging, far too much other stuff going on that had to take priority. It's done now though, lets see if I can make up for it this week. And where better a place to start than with a whole load of books that have somehow turned up on my doorstep? Yes, I know, all of the first paragraph... Hush you ;o) Lets take a look, shall we?


I couldn't finish 'Video Night' but I've had my eye on 'Clown In A Cornfield' for a while and there was enough in 'Video Night' to finally prompt me to pick this book up. I'd like to say that I'll get to it soon but 'Clickers Never Die' turned up as well and that's the priority. I love the 'Clickers' series (reviews for 'Clickers', 'Clickers 2', 'Clickers 3', 'Clickers vs Zombies' and 'Clickers Forever') and I had a great time with 'The Perfectly Fine House' as well so I'm really looking forward to seeing where Kozeniewski and Young take things next. I'll let you know ;o)


I ended up looking round an old Roman villa yesterday and when I saw 'The Eagle of the Ninth' in the giftshop, well... I had to really. I can't remember if I ever read this as a kid so will have to see if this read jogs any memories. Being honest though, I can't see myself getting to it before the other two books in this picture. I used to love a bit of 'Gotrek', back in the day, so am keen to see how he manages in the Mortal Realms. And after having watched 'Resurrection of the Daleks' the other day, I had to grab the book and see how it matches up.


I read the first two issues of 'Valeria', about three weeks ago, and it piqued my interest enough to pick up the trade. I've got a bit of a head start on this one so thought I'd finish the book off this week, look out for a review in the next few days. It's been a lot longer since I read the first 'Red Sonja' book but I've finally got round to picking up Volume 2 and I won't hang around too long before I pick it up (promise!)


A total impulse buy... Of course I'm going to read it, I just need to read Volume 1 first ;o) I'll get back to you on that one.

And that's me for now ;o) Anything here catch your eye? Leave a comment and let me know...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.