‘The Book of Boba Fett, Chapter 7: In the Name of Honour'


And that's another season of TV watched :o)

I'd been really looking forward to watching 'The Book of Boba Fett', ever since that end scene in Season Two (I think) of 'The Mandalorian'. Back from the dead and ready to take over the Tatooine Underworld, what's not to love about that? Well, the concept is still sound but the execution, over the last few weeks, has been choppy to say the least. From stories that probably didn't need to be told to sidelining the main character in favour of someone cooler, 'The Book of Boba Fett' attracts issues like flies on Bantha crap. At the same time, it's been really watchable (even when it shouldn't have been) and while I'll quite happily drop a show if it's not working for me, 'The Book of Boba Fett' wasn't quite there yet so... There I was this morning, watching the Season Finale. And what did I think...? It was awesome but once again, probably not for the reasons that it wanted to be. I'll tell you all about it a little further down, the post, but before I do... I'm going to get spoilery and a full recap of the episode can be found over Here (thanks Tor.com)

If you're still here, lets do this one more time...

What a confused jumble of stories all coming together for a finale that's far more 'Mandalorian Season 3' than it is 'Book of Boba Fett Season 1'.It's not a bad ending but only because the former rather than the latter. That and a Rancor tearing up Mos Espa as well ;o) I also suspect that I'd have got more out the episode (and perhaps the series?) if I'd watched 'The Clone Wars' as well although to be fair, Cade Bane is cool enough to carry his scenes all by himself.

'In the Name of Honour' has everything that makes for a great slice of Star Wars but once again, it all ties into 'The Mandalorian' and that kind of left me wondering what the actual point of Boba was. Like I said, maybe if I'd seen 'The Clone Wars' I'd have got more out of the faceoff(s) between Fett and Cad Bane. Don't get me wrong, it was cool but you know when you just know that there is more to something and you're not in on it? That was me right here.

So, the Mandalorian and Grogu get their closure (for now) and although we all saw it coming, I defy anyone to say that they didn't have a tear in their eye when it happened. It was just lovely, wasn't it? While Boba sees an end to his story though, the preceding chapters have been so confusing that you're not actually sure what kind of an ending happened to him. And maybe that's the way it was meant to be. You can change your mind about what you want out of life and maybe Boba's sense of personal responsibility finally extended beyond those who worked directly for him. I don't know... It just didn't feel right to me.

You know what though? A little 'Rebellion' along with giant robots, an angry Rancor and plenty of gunfire can make up for an awful lot and that's what happened here. Boba found his family as well and they all came together to make for a running battle that had me hooked. Laser blasts and close calls, that's part of what Star Wars is all about and it really worked here. If that's what matters then 'The Book of Boba Fett' delivered just when it needed to and I'll take that.

It's a weird one to call then, it's pretty much 'classic Star Wars' but seeing Boba sidelined in his 'own book' still isn't sitting well. Not a bad finale at all, just not for anything that had anything to do with Boba. Still, he won though and I got to watch Grogu snuggle up to a Rancor; I'll settle for that.

You can read all my other 'Book of Boba Fett' posts over Here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.