Books for the TBR Pile... 'Yep, Hungover...' Edition

Sorry for the lack of post yesterday... I was with my kids and after that, I drank rather a lot of caramel vodka and danced (very badly) in my ex' friend's kitchen, as you do... ;o) Which kind of leads me into an apology for today's post being rather on the late side. It won't be any surprise that while I can drink a fair bit of caramel vodka, I don't deal too well with it the next day. Nothing that a lot of sleep and a quarter pounder meal can't solve ;o)

So, that's me, how are you doing? What are you reading and are you enjoying it? I'm a long way into 'Priest of Bones' and it is turning out to be a superb read so far. I'm guessing you knew that already though, given what I hear on Twitter, it sounds like I'm the last one to the party (again). Oh well, better late than never ;o) I'm  hoping to finish it over the next couple of days and to get a review up later this week.

And a few books have found their way to my place over the course of the week, of course they have. Come and take a look,


'The Collected Pulp Horror - Volume One' has loads of pulp goodness in it but I'm here mostly for the Guy N. Smith interview that's inside. Will there be a post for this? Probably not, not everything has to have a post here, but I'm still going to enjoy dipping into the articles etc, especially that interview :o)


'The Shadow of the Gods' is not only me finally reading something by John Gwynne but was also a little treat to myself for getting through my mid-year review at work. Well done me :o) I hope to get to it soon, just to see if that dragon really is as big as it is on the cover. 
I've had my eye open for a copy of 'The Walking Dead' for a while now and the other day, an affordable copy popped up on eBay so I grabbed it. I've got a couple of other Guy N. Smith books to read first but you know you'll be seeing more of 'The Walking Dead' fairly soon ;o)


I saw these books, in the Salvation Army Shop in Catford, and couldn't resist it :o) I loved these books as a kid, loved the TV show as well (did you watch it), so when I saw the whole set, I figured they might just be worth revisiting. And I've never read 'When the Tripods Came' so there's a little origin story to look forward to as well. I might do a post for all four books, I'm not sure. We'll have to see.

And that's me and my new books :o) What books have you come across, this week, and do you think I'd enjoy them? Leave a comment and let me know...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Mad God' (2021)

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.