Books for the TBR Pile 'More than it looks...' Edition

Happy 'those few days between Christmas and New Year'! ;o) I hope you had a good one on the day and that it's continuing into the New Year. I took a couple of days away from the blog and played 'Daleks vs Sylvanian Families', with my youngest daughter and watched 'Shang Chi' with my eldest daughter (amongst other things that mostly involved eating), time definitely well spent I think :o)

I'm not going to lie, I didn't get many books for Christmas, not this year. The main reason is that I took a look at  my flat, the other day, and realised that as far as books go, it's getting out of control. One of my New Years Resolutions is going to be to get it back under control. The question is how to do that when I want to keep them all and (eventually) read them? The answer to that will have to wait a little while, maybe I can get another locker at work... ;o)

I did get a couple of books though... or did I? I'm pushing the boundaries of credibility a little but on closer inspection, I actually got six...


These are replacements for books that were lost in a massive cull, between house moves, a few years ago now. Finding individual copies is a bit pricy, for me anyway, so I'm headed down the collection route. There will definitely be a 'Bauchelain & Korbal Broach' re-read in the New Year although I really should finish off 'The God Is Not Willing' first. The 'Garrett P.I.' books might have to wait a little long (I love them but I always seem to struggle to finish them) but they will crop up here and there as well.

And... that's it ;o) Not many books but what I got is going to be awesome reading. What books did you guys get for Christmas?
There will be a few more posts between now and the end of the year but nothing too major. Family stuff will come first (and the Sylvanian Family is losing out to the Daleks...) and I really want to finish 'Brothers of the Wind' before the New Year. We'll see how that goes...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.